What Stays when you change your Minecraft name?

toshin0

VIP
sunflowers33d
sunflowers33d
VIP
Ratings
24 2
I just REALLY want to know, since I HATE this IGN! When I die ingane, new members say "Tim died" and all that.

I plan on changing it to AbusedPencil

cheeseboy

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
80 9
nothing actually stays, unless they know it's you...
but you can re-claim your rank and probz get staff to get you your Grade / plots back!
This happened to me when I was xFather but it didn't matter that much.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I just REALLY want to know, since I HATE this IGN! When I die ingane, new members say "Tim died" and all that.

I plan on changing it to AbusedPencil
You lose gems, Money, Parkour ranks etc. The only thing youll get back would be your rank and plots and skyblock island.

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
Tenshi is right. Maybe at 1.9 the "Change name thing" will be easier and maybe it will count like the same person.
I dont like my name too. I want it like idk Miku something. and ill wait until i can change it. Maybe u should wait too.

The only Miku <3

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Tenshi is right. Maybe at 1.9 the "Change name thing" will be easier and maybe it will count like the same person.
I dont like my name too. I want it like idk Miku something. and ill wait until i can change it. Maybe u should wait too.

The only Miku <3
Or even better. Wait til Minevast supports name changes.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,312 41
With a Name Change:

For all servers, you will get your donator rank and any other items purchased on the store. A name change also does not clear your previous punishments, such as mutes and bans.

Skywars: You keep everything
Kitpvp: You keep everything

On Parkour, Skyblock, Prison, Creative, you will lose money, gems and echest items unless given to a trusted player to be returned after your name change. More details below.

Parkour: You lose your parkour rank, for example, Expert. You lose items in your inventory. These could be given to a friend before changing names.
Skyblock: You lose mcmmo. Your island will be returned to you, but you must be online with someone who can return it (typically me). Your chests on your island will be returned to you.
Prison: Your prison rank and plots will be restored.
Creative: Your plots and grade will be returned to you.

As servers are updated, they will all become compatible with name changes. But that is a work in progress. If I missed covering anything, please let me know and I can edit this information. This is what I remember off the top of my head.

toshin0

VIP
sunflowers33d
sunflowers33d
VIP
Ratings
24 2
K thanks. Only things I care about MOST are my Skywars points, Prison Rank, and creative the most, so I MAY change my name. Thanks all for the info!