Rejected Wheatley - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Map Name: Wheatley
By MagmaPickle
/plot v MagmaPickle 1
Difficulty - Expert

Description: The map is based off of Wheatley from the game Portal 2. It has around 100 jumps in total.
I wanted to keep the same block design for the parkour throughout the map. I focused mainly on simplicity
and a straightforward, easy to play feel. The map has a large variety of jumps including ladder jumps, neos,
headhitters, slime jumps, anvil jumps, fences, cobwebs, and more! Pictures of the map are below
2020-04-23_16.26.40.png 2020-04-23_17.01.43.png

Attachments

Ratings
Sorry about the floating parkour near the end. I may redo the floating parts so that it looks less messy. That, or I will just scrap the whole thing and do a different theme

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello MagmaPickle,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build isn't bad. It is accurate to the theme, and nicely detailed.
The parkour is varied, you used a nice variety of blocks and items to create original jumps.
A lot of the parkour is floating. I do understand that the build is a bit small so it would be difficult to fit all the parkour into it, however having an excessive number of jumps floating around the build and the void can make your map look quite messy, so try to avoid this where possible.
I found the parkour to be a bit confusing at times. You did add in some signs which is good, but I would suggest trying to use something else such as coloured carpets, to help point the player in the direction of the parkour.
The difficulty is a bit inconsistent, there were parts that were great for an expert map, but also quite a few jumps that would be better for a medium/hard map.
The length is also a bit long, and probably better suited to an insane map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.