Ratings
162 8
Username: WICKEDMagma

Map name: Wither Storm

Photos:

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot visit WICKEDMagma 3

Difficulty: Expert

Number of jumps: 87 jumps & 5 checkpoints

Theme 5/5: This theme is definitely original. There are no maps themed around the Wither Storm from Minecraft Story Mode. There is not even a map themed around the original Wither.

Build 5/5: I got most of the details right. The placement of the tentacles/arms is ideal. I didn't include the beams of light coming from the eyes since it would cover the front. Considering there are very few dark blocks to choose from, I think I made some pretty good palettes for each part of the body.

Parkour 4/5: There is a decent variety in the jumps. The difficulty of the jumps is consistent throughout the map. It's pretty easy to understand where you have to jump next. It's rather dark under the Wither and inside of it, which may make it difficult to navigate or see the next jump. Other than the fact that the inside is rather dark and crowded, my parkour definitely meets the requirements.

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello WICKEDMagma,

I regret to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is somewhat original, since many Minecraft themed maps already exist, but this version of the wither looks very different from the traditional Wither.

The build however, is not very well executed. I can definitely see what you were going for, but I feel like there isn't much of that "storm" aspect in the build. The shape of the arms are awkward to me, and have these odd kinks in them instead of a nice rounded shape I think you were going for. Try to smooth out these arm shapes more either into either more well curved arms, or make them jagged entirely. It looks a bit awkward when some are curved and others are not.
The texturing of the wither also isn't very well done, it looks like you either brushed out the arms and shapes with randomized blocks, or brushed out the shapes and randomized the texture. I would've liked to see more thought put into the shading. A part of this is the block choice. I would recommend avoiding coal blocks especially whenever possible, as they are very polarizing and hard on the eyes. Black stained clay/terracotta is good alternative to this.

With the parkour, I would say it fits the difficulty, and is a bit on the harder side for a typical expert, but the main problem with it is that the majority of it is floating. This makes the strangeness of the build a bit worse, and it looks quite messy with the parkour and random blocks floating around. I think to fix this map you would need to redo a great deal of the parkour so it is attached in some way. There were also many ladders used, but the parkour was overall varied and mixed enough.

Thank you for submitting this map. I give harsher criticism to you with this because I perceive you to be a competent builder who can handle this kind of constructive criticism. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.