Rejected Wizard of Oz - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hey there!
I'm not a map judge or a mod but I do like to give my opinion in order to help people! (all opinions are based on me assuming the theme is unique and the pictures only)

First of all, the map looks really cool! It looks fairly detailed and the theme (if its unique) is really cool.

Looking at the pictures, the parkour looks pretty bland. I see a few ladders and maybe some fences, but I think you could really use a more diverse selection of blocks. When choosing the blocks, look at the hitboxes you use. Beds, fences, ladders, carpets, panes, water, and slimes are just a few of different things you can use.

Some people don't use these blocks because it may "take away" from the look of build and it might seem odd, but in reality it will really help the parkour.

best of luck,

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hey there!
I'm not a map judge or a mod but I do like to give my opinion in order to help people! (all opinions are based on me assuming the theme is unique and the pictures only)

First of all, the map looks really cool! It looks fairly detailed and the theme (if its unique) is really cool.

Looking at the pictures, the parkour looks pretty bland. I see a few ladders and maybe some fences, but I think you could really use a more diverse selection of blocks. When choosing the blocks, look at the hitboxes you use. Beds, fences, ladders, carpets, panes, water, and slimes are just a few of different things you can use.

Some people don't use these blocks because it may "take away" from the look of build and it might seem odd, but in reality it will really help the parkour.

best of luck,
I have incorporated fences, slimes, ice, ladders, buttons, stairs, and panes in it. I tried adding potion stands, vines, and beds but it took away from the theme and didn't look right. From the screenshots it is hard to see the different blocks, because they kinda blend in as the panes are green,the ice is inside, etc. I was just able to add some carpets and trapdoors to the design. Thank you for the feedback!!! I will continue to see if I can add even more variety!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Elly_x,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. I could potentially see this map being accepted in the future after some changes are made, though! The theme is original, as there are no Wizard of Oz themed maps yet surprisingly. Good job coming up with a new theme!
The build is a bit plain to me, but I think it encompasses many aspects of Oz that people are familiar with. I think that the castle could be a bit more detailed (perhaps using lime/green wool to shade it instead of solely emeralds) as well as the road (with maybe yellow stained clay).
The parkour is pretty varied, but not mixed. By this, I mean that you used a lot of different kinds of blocks in your map, but they would all come in a row and were identifiable by section (the fence section, the ladder section, etc.) I also felt it was pretty easy for the hard difficulty for the most part. If you want help with making varied + mixed parkour, let me know! I'm always happy to teach those who are willing to learn so that they can create maps more effectively.

Thank you for submitting this map! I'd love to see you make changes, and again, if you need help, don't be afraid to ask! You can message me here on the forums, in-game, or preferably Discord. Hope to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.