Xenomorph
2020-06-30_19.09.26.png
2020-06-30_19.09.29.png
2020-06-30_19.09.42.png
2020-06-30_19.09.51.png
2020-06-30_19.09.59.png
/plot v lucytheknighty3
easy

since there are multiple other builds on the plot i have placed red blocks to make it easier for you to copy it with w/e if and when it gets accepted :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey lucytheknighty3,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we do not have any maps related to the Alien franchise or to these specific creatures from the movie, I can say this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Well done!
  • Build: I'm really not too big of a fan of the build due to a variety of reasons. The first of these being just how cluttered it feels. You built a xenomorph, face-hugger, and chest-burster (presumably, I can't tell), and they're all just kind of there with no focus. It feels like you tried to add a bunch of things for the sake of having a lot of things in your build when a build of a xenomorph by itself would've sufficed and been much cooler. Furthermore, all 3 components are rather unattractive. As evidenced by your previous face-hugger build, you have issues with properly shaping things (and detailing at times). The xenomorph head is just really oddly-shaped. I know that's somewhat how it should look, but without the body, it just doesn't look good. The chest-burster seems like an afterthought and is barely recognizable. And, the face-hugger looks like the previous one. They're all just poorly built.
  • Parkour: The parkour has a lot of issues as well. It didn't fit the easy difficulty because it was way too long for it, you need to shorten the number of jumps on it. The next issue I had with it was how confusing and exploitable it was. Most of the time, I didn't know where to go. You really need to use more signs/carpets. In the beginning, I just kind of entered the xenomorph head without realizing it was the ending segment and finished it. It doesn't end there, there were also issues in the repetitiveness of the parkour. You are clearly a fan of segmented parkour and it shows. But, it just isn't fun when the parkour is that way. You can't just have back to back cobble wall jumps or back to back iron block jumps. You have to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.