Rejected Zendikar - Easy Map by cl0q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
This EASY map, with 23 JUMPS and 3 CHECKPOINTS, is themed around Zendikar - a world from the popular card game Magic the Gathering. (To read more about the real plane of Zendikar visit this page: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Zendikar_(plane) ) It consists of 5 magical pylons, one for each color of mana, and one larger central pylon to finish. These floating magical crystal islands are connected by shards of rock, suspended in midair by powerful magic. (This fits the Zendikar world build from MTG) There are wall jumps, basic jumps and ladder jumps, but none are too hard. I have attached an image of the map, but I suggest going to the map using my tp command below to really check it out - parts of it block other parts in the images This map is fairly easy but scenic, and may present somewhat of a challenge to the very worst of players. This map was created entirely by cl0q (see - ell - zero - cue).

TP Command: /plot h cl0q 2
Jumps: 23
Checkpoints: 3
Difficulty: Easy
Map name: Zendikar
Creator: cl0q
zendikarmap.PNG

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! I'm glad you took the time to make a map, and I have some feedback for you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEME
As far as I know, this theme is original, so good work on that!
Floating island based maps are strongly discouraged, and most often not accepted.

BUILD
You did a good job on the build, and I think it matches the desired look well!
You could definitely scale it up a bit, since I think it needs a little more detail.

PARKOUR
The parkour is decent, and I think you did an ok job.
The parkour definitely feels very short and simple and was boring to play, so try adding some more jumps and varying blocks/jump types! (For example: fences, enchantment tables, chests, cacti, flower pots, panes, bars, etc).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this said, I think you did a great job and I wish you the best! Keep working at it! :)

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey cl0q,

I regret to tell you that I'm gonna have to reject your map.

The theme is somewhat unoriginal. Like mentioned above, we normally no longer accept floating island maps like these as they're unoriginal. However, this map is different to all other floating island maps we currently have, so good job on that! The build looks decent, I really like the design. I do feel like you could've implemented more detail, and the islands could've been a bit bigger. You used some variety for the parkour, which is nice, but some jumps simply aren't really enjoyable. The parkour fits the easy difficulty in both length and difficulty, except for 1 or 2 jumps that I found slightly too hard. You've implemented the parkour within the build nicely, which is great!

Thank you for submitting this map, I'd love to see more maps from you!
Have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.