Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • NCZ021
  • 1 Sign Time
  • Plot: -93; -25
  • Hard
  • 60 Jumps
Check attachments for screenshots, this map is a compact hard map utilizing only 1 checkpoint sign which is utilized more than once. I hope this map can be approved! use /plot v NCZ021 2 in order to visit my plot!

Attachments

Last edited:

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, let's get right into your parkour map submission review!

First of all, before going ahead, you didn't really specify where your map is located, It's not really that easy to find it from what you added and I would recommend changing it to (/plot v NCZ021 2) <--- This is a direct teleport to your map submission, just makes it easier for map judges to review your submission.

Originality ~ You didn't really specify but it looks like dice to me, I have seen a few dice maps around the place so I'm not too certain on the originality factor of your map submission, It is great to see that you've got some nice variety with the parkour jumps but I would recommend adding some nice head jumps, preferably the skin texture of dice, to make it look cool, do /hdb to access heads.

Difficulty ~ Sadly this is no-where near the difficulty for a Hard map in my opinion and from my experience, this would in the least be a medium map but it's quite small and most of your parkour jumps are pretty small/close together.

Good luck! :)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
First of all, before going ahead, you didn't really specify where your map is located, It's not really that easy to find it from what you added and I would recommend changing it to (/plot v NCZ021 2) <--- This is a direct teleport to your map submission, just makes it easier for map judges to review your submission.
Although he has since edited his submission, I just wanted to clarify that using the plot coordinates (-93;-25 in this case) is perfectly fine and allowed. It's just another way to teleport to a plot.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Although he has since edited his submission, I just wanted to clarify that using the plot coordinates (-93;-25 in this case) is perfectly fine and allowed. It's just another way to teleport to a plot.
Yeah I understand, just wanted to inform him that if he made the full teleport command staff could just copy/paste it and it would be more easy, I understand your concern though :)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Yeah I understand, just wanted to inform him that if he made the full teleport command staff could just copy/paste it and it would be more easy, I understand your concern though :)
Well again- they can just as easily copy the coordinates. There's really no difference. Not trying to argue, just making sure there's no false information going around! : )

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Well again- they can just as easily copy the coordinates. There's really no difference. Not trying to argue, just making sure there's no false information going around! : )
Y
Yea basically just my preference, xD It's cool though.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello NCZ021,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, but the build isn't great. I'm not sure exactly what you were going for, however I would suggest in the future trying to have a build that represents the theme, and has a bit more shaping and detail, as this is mainly just a box.
The parkour has some variety which is good. It does feel a little repetitive as you used a lot of fences, vines and iron bars, so I would suggest trying to experiment a bit more with the variety of blocks and items you used, however it still does have some variety.
You did use a lot of barriers. In the future please try to not use as many barriers as this does make your map really confusing. I would also suggest trying to indicate where they are a bit more by placing something like item frames in certain areas. I noticed a lot while testing your map that you would end up jumping into barriers quite often, which can be quite off putting for players when completing maps.
The length is good for a hard map, but the difficulty is more suited to a medium with some easy and some hard jumps.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.