Rejected A Dance in the Sands of Time - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Built by SpoopyBirb (author of this thread)
Alternate Name: Sands of Time
A Dance in the Sands of Time is themed around a sort of hourglass build. I've done a lot of parkours on the server, and I don't recall seeing any other hourglass-themed courses, though I also haven't finished a lot of parkours so I could totally be mistaken on that front.
Plot: -64:24, or SpoopyBirb's plot 1
Difficulty: Medium
Around 55 jumps altogether
See the below photos for the parkour!
2020-03-06_19.22.02.png

2020-03-06_19.22.16.png

2020-03-06_19.22.28.png
2020-03-06_19.22.43.png

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately there is another map just like this (Sands of Time - medium). It's always worth double checking that your theme is original before building.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
even if it wasn't for the fact that the theme isn't original, the parkour is not very varied and it is all floating. (im not sure if this is considered floating because it kinda ties into the theme but nonetheless its floating) like tas said, you definitely should check the theme list before going all out on a build

Ratings
Wow. Same name and everything. Definitely gonna double-check themes in the future lol. Is it possible to have two builds with similar themes?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It's excusable when the builds are different enough, but your build is also extremely similar to the existing map. For example you could have multiple maps relating to the same game/movie.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello SpoopyBirb,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.,
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with the exact same theme (SandsOfTime.) Before making a map, please make sure the theme hasn't been done already by going here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is accurate to how an hourglass looks in real life, so good job on that! I can tell how much effort went into building this!
The parkour is a bit repetitive with the use of fences, and straightforward sand jumps. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! You can look at recently accepted maps for some examples of these! The parkour is incorporated with the theme, so good job on that! The length and difficulty of the map both fit the medium difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.