Rejected A hop, skip and a slime - Medium/Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

IThorI

KINGKAUSHIK
KINGKAUSHIK
Ratings
This map includes jumps like wall jumps, ladder jumps, ice jumps, fence jumps, slime block jumps, and 4 block jumps. It features a slime at the end where you have to go around and inside too. This map has a lot of barrier block but none of them interfere unless people try to exploit the map. The one helper in the screenshots helped me put colour to my sign. The lowest block goes 31 block below the first jump and the lowest block a player has to land on is 29 blocks down.
Creator - IThorI
Map Name - A hop, skip and a slime - Medium/Hard
Jumps - 82
Plot Warp - /plot visit IThorI

1599036545116.png

1599036309170.png

1599036252577.png

1599036214150.png

1599036137175.png

1599036060334.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey IThorI,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have two slime-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. It's just a bunch of floating parkour and a slime build. There's no focus or proper build integration on this map. If you want your map to be in acceptable conditions you have to build a central build and integrate your parkour into it. This is just a cluttered floating mess.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the hard difficulty in both length and difficulty, although it was on the easier side of things. My main issue, though, with the parkour is that it's incredibly repetitive in both jump technicality and block variation. You didn't experiment with different types of jumps, at least not consecutively at least. You put 10~ back to back identical slab jumps, 10~ back to back identical ice jumps, and 6-8 back to back identical fence jumps all in a row. Where's the variety? Where's the enjoyability? These things aren't fun. You must procure to make your parkour as technically enjoyable as possible and sprinkle in visually appealing blocks if you wish to do so. This monotonous and boring parkour will not cut it.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.