A stop to dream spam

Quintum

VIP
Quintum_
Quintum_
VIP
Ratings
82 7
Problem: So parkour has been having the problem of people mentioning dream to annoy people

Solution: My solution is to block messages with the word dream in it from chat. This wouldn't censor the word, but just never send the message. This way people think it is lag that causes it, and not the fact that they said dream. This would make them not try to bypass with d r e a m, or something like it.

Any comments or suggestions on how to change or inprove it, don't hesitate to reply

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Generally I don't think it's a good idea to censor people from liking or talking about a certain thing on the server (or any server) unless it is inappropriate or advertising, violating the server rules in some way. That's the main reason that dream isn't censored and why staff usually don't mute for people solely bringing up Dream.
We DO mute people who use caps, are inappropriate, spammy, are trolling etc. who may be talking about Dream in those types of messages. That's all we really can do. As much as I dislike people spamming about Dream and other YouTubers, I don't think it's fair to punish people for liking or disliking certain things!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
This is a bad idea. Normal English words should not be censored, and no word should be silently censored without telling the person trying to send the message. That's not a filter; it's censorship.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
This is a bad idea. Normal English words should not be censored, and no word should be silently censored without telling the person trying to send the message. That's not a filter; it's censorship.
cucumb- (jk)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43