Softijsje26

QA Team
Softijsje26
Softijsje26
QA Team
Ratings
87 15
Hello,

Im of the opinion having afk alts at the boss shouldn't be allowed, why? Because it gives a big advantage.
In, atleast olympus, players can spawn bosseggs mined in hades or volcano. By this we got a lot of eggs what gets spawned, most of these eggs don't get announced in chat. By using alts people can see them spawning, this makes it that some people almost can get all bossrewards. This makes them get a lot off bossrewards and it isn't fair I think for the people that don't have an alt at boss. By not letting alts be afk their it make people have to grind eggs to get bossrewards.

If theres the question everyone can afk alts there, so it doesn't matter:
1. Not everyone got an alt
2. Not everyone can have a alt at the boss because their pc/laptop can't run it

What does everyone else think?

Greatings,

Softi

I__PK__I

QA Team
I__PK__I
I__PK__I
QA Team
Ratings
86 39
Hello,

Im of the opinion having afk alts at the boss shouldn't be allowed, why? Because it gives a big advantage.
In, atleast olympus, players can spawn bosseggs mined in hades or volcano. By this we got a lot of eggs what gets spawned, most of these eggs don't get announced in chat. By using alts people can see them spawning, this makes it that some people almost can get all bossrewards. This makes them get a lot off bossrewards and it isn't fair I think for the people that don't have an alt at boss. By not letting alts be afk their it make people have to grind eggs to get bossrewards.

If theres the question everyone can afk alts there, so it doesn't matter:
1. Not everyone got an alt
2. Not everyone can have a alt at the boss because their pc/laptop can't run it

What does everyone else think?

Greatings,

Softi
ive made reports on people who have been using alts for the boss. definitly is an advantage and shouldnt be allowed. player on skyblock will instantly get banned if a player and their alt is in the boss room at the same time. its considered boosting. so why are other realms allowed to do it. boosting is boosting dont know why boosting rules are different accross servers but they are

ofek_XD

ELITE
JuicyCucamber
JuicyCucamber
ELITE
Ratings
Most of the time i dont agree with you,but alts def should not be allowed inside boss arena,it gives an unfair advantage for sevreal reasons:

1. As you said'not everyone got alts and it's making the boss system unfair by people camping it
2.It can make the boss arena an p2w since not everyone can afford 2 monitors or 2 sounds systems and im sure the admins and dacon never wanted it to happen since you can get boss eggs simply by mining in hades (which is a free world)
ofc theres a lot of other reasons i believe it shouldn't be allowed but these reasons are my main reasons as why not.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
Currently, bosses not being announced in chat once they are spawned is a bug - it has been reported, and is known by the admins so will hopefully be resolved soon. This will make using alts in the boss room to spectate when they get spawned pretty much useless once this is fixed and will give everyone an equal opportunity to join in fights.

In terms of "alt abuse" this would only really be considered if you used your alt and main account to spawn & kill the bosses for double rewards. This is NOT allowed and is boosting/abusing alts for unfair advantages. For example: Player1 spawns the egg (They'll get a reward) and kills it on his alt Player2 to get rewards for placing in the Top 3 damage dealt - this isn't allowed.

We totally understand your frustrations relating to this, but whoever spawns in the boss should get a reward even if they don't place in the top 3, so they aren't necessarily missing out in that aspect - but for other players who aren't in the boss room, I understand that it's unfair at the moment that they aren't alerted when a boss spawns. It will hopefully be fixed soon!

Softijsje26

QA Team
Softijsje26
Softijsje26
QA Team
Ratings
87 15
Currently, bosses not being announced in chat once they are spawned is a bug - it has been reported, and is known by the admins so will hopefully be resolved soon. This will make using alts in the boss room to spectate when they get spawned pretty much useless once this is fixed and will give everyone an equal opportunity to join in fights.

In terms of "alt abuse" this would only really be considered if you used your alt and main account to spawn & kill the bosses for double rewards. This is NOT allowed and is boosting/abusing alts for unfair advantages. For example: Player1 spawns the egg (They'll get a reward) and kills it on his alt Player2 to get rewards for placing in the Top 3 damage dealt - this isn't allowed.

We totally understand your frustrations relating to this, but whoever spawns in the boss should get a reward even if they don't place in the top 3, so they aren't necessarily missing out in that aspect - but for other players who aren't in the boss room, I understand that it's unfair at the moment that they aren't alerted when a boss spawns. It will hopefully be fixed soon!
But being able to do bosses with friends is very fun. Then you don't have people who can come snag them in. I think the poll rn says very clear the opinion of the players. And i hope manacube will listen to their players.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
But being able to do bosses with friends is very fun. Then you don't have people who can come snag them in. I think the poll rn says very clear the opinion of the players. And i hope manacube will listen to their players.
I'm confused - I'm in agreement with you, it is unfair. For the moment, the boss eggs announcement is broken but it will be fixed soon so everyone will have that equal opportunity. However from a staff perspective, we can't ban people for simply going afk in the boss arena if they aren't using it to get double rewards on multiple accounts.

Once the announcement is fixed, I'm sure this won't be an issue any more as there'll be no point to afk alts there.

xHexie

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
nytk
nytk
Patron+
Ratings
88 22
I'm confused - I'm in agreement with you, it is unfair. For the moment, the boss eggs announcement is broken but it will be fixed soon so everyone will have that equal opportunity. However from a staff perspective, we can't ban people for simply going afk in the boss arena if they aren't using it to get double rewards on multiple accounts.

Once the announcement is fixed, I'm sure this won't be an issue any more as there'll be no point to afk alts there.
wym by announcement the boss spawn sometimes show up said that getting fixed but the alt standing there warns the player when the boss is spawned

Softijsje26

QA Team
Softijsje26
Softijsje26
QA Team
Ratings
87 15

i don't think all eggs should be announced, for example if you spawn 500 eggs its get a bit spammy. But I just think alts at boss are stupid and there is no reason to. There is rn 87% vote for no, so y'all can listen to the players or stay in the staff bubble and don't listen to players.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
i don't think all eggs should be announced, for example if you spawn 500 eggs its get a bit spammy. But I just think alts at boss are stupid and there is no reason to. There is rn 87% vote for no, so y'all can listen to the players or stay in the staff bubble and don't listen to players.
ok, now I'm double confused as I'm one of the people who also voted "No" - this is not an "us vs them" situation, staff are not against you. Boss eggs being spawned are meant to be announced, just like in previous seasons, it's just simply broken at the moment. I understand you're frustrated by it, but we can't ban players for going afk - just like we cannot ban players for sitting in the volcano or hades & killing players who wander in. Trust me, I understand your frustration, but it's just not plausible to ban people for simply going afk. Where would we draw the line? "you can't use alts to afk at grinders because not everyone has access to alts"?

If there is an issue with boss egg announcements causing spam, we can suggest for a command to toggle it off if players do not wish to see it. Simple! :) I am not trying to argue with you - I'm just clearing up that the announcements are bugged, soon it will be fixed so people who wish to join in boss fights can do so without needing to AFK at the boss arena and wait. I'm in agreement with you, I'm just explaining the difference between alt abuse and what is currently happening.

wym by announcement the boss spawn sometimes show up said that getting fixed but the alt standing there warns the player when the boss is spawned
In previous seasons there was an announcement in chat saying something along the lines of "[IGN] has spawned a boss at /warp boss!" which is meant to still happen but isn't working at the moment.

xHexie

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
nytk
nytk
Patron+
Ratings
88 22
ok, now I'm double confused as I'm one of the people who also voted "No" - this is not an "us vs them" situation, staff are not against you. Boss eggs being spawned are meant to be announced, just like in previous seasons, it's just simply broken at the moment. I understand you're frustrated by it, but we can't ban players for going afk - just like we cannot ban players for sitting in the volcano or hades & killing players who wander in. Trust me, I understand your frustration, but it's just not plausible to ban people for simply going afk. Where would we draw the line? "you can't use alts to afk at grinders because not everyone has access to alts"?

If there is an issue with boss egg announcements causing spam, we can suggest for a command to toggle it off if players do not wish to see it. Simple! :) I am not trying to argue with you - I'm just clearing up that the announcements are bugged, soon it will be fixed so people who wish to join in boss fights can do so without needing to AFK at the boss arena and wait. I'm in agreement with you, I'm just explaining the difference between alt abuse and what is currently happening.

In previous seasons there was an announcement in chat saying something along the lines of "[IGN] has spawned a boss at /warp boss!" which is meant to still happen but isn't working at the moment.
i mean its still bs when you want to do a private boss for players that can't get top easily there's an alt there that warns players there's a boss when it shouldn't be announced a toggle for boss won't help if there's an alt there..

JJMcCow

ELITE
JJMcCow
JJMcCow
ELITE
Ratings
please make a kick timer of like 10 minutes cause people just sit for hours and wait for someone to spawn one and then leech the rewards!