Rejected Ancient Ruins parkour map. *Reposted*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficulty is easy, has around 45-50 jumps, but in a puzzle style to make it more fun. Couldn't work out how to take a screenshot, but co-ords are -7500, ~, 15000. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know.

Stats
Username: XMIDemon
Map Name: Ancient Ruins
Difficulty: Easy

Last edited:

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hi. Seen as this has been reposted, I would recommend deleting the first post. Chicken

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Hi magma, before i give my review, please note that I am not a map judge and that nothing I say has any affect on the final verdict.

ORIGINALITY: the theme ancient ruins is not very original and has been used multiple times in the past. I recommend you look at https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/mobilebasic next time you make a map to verify that your idea is original.

BUILD: I think the build is OK. I like the terraforming you did but i think it could be a little bit better, and (usually) it’s better to make your map one main structure as opposed to multiple, as it makes your build look less cluttered.

PARKOUR: as i cannot get on right now to look i won’t be able to give you a fair review. :(

Overall this is a -1 from me because of the things aforementioned, but as i didn’t check out the parkour my review isn’t entirely fair.

GL <3, JJ

Hey, thanks for this! I'm new to the server, and hadn't done much at all. I'm working on a new map, (Massive Jungle island, might add a bit extra to it). Thanks for your review!

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Hey, thanks for this! I'm new to the server, and hadn't done much at all. I'm working on a new map, (Massive Jungle island, might add a bit extra to it). Thanks for your review!
anytime bro <3

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello XMIDemon,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with the exact same name/theme (AncientRuins.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194
The build is mostly floating islands, and maps that are based around floating islands are typically no longer accepted. This is because they have been highly overdone in some of our earlier maps. There are a decent amount of details to be seen, however, so good job on that!
The parkour is
quite confusing in a lot of places, so be sure to have plenty of directional indicators (signs/heads) so players know where to go! The parkour is also quite repetitive throughout with vines, so try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! The length of this course is good for the easy difficulty; however, some of the jumps are a bit tricky (this goes with the directional issue.)

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.