Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username | Accurian

Map name | AncientStronghold

Photos

Front_Entrance.png

Front_Half.png Back_Half.png Ending.png Side_View.png Birds_Eye_View.png

Plot | 3;103 (Teleport by using /plot h 3;103)

Difficulty | Medium

Number of Jumps | 78

I decided to make my first parkour map after playing a bunch of them on this server. I prefer to build more minimalistic, but I added some details where I feel would not detract from the experience of running the map but still adds something nice to look at without distracting or confusing the runner. Checkpoints are sparse, but intended to make the map slightly challenging without making it too frustrating to pass.

I've tested this map extensively, but feel free to test it out as well just to have fun or provide constructive criticism. Hope this map gets qualified!​

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Accurian,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have our fair share of dungeon/stronghold-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I'm not a fan of the build. Your theme is "Ancient Stronghold" but I don't see that at all in your map as you didn't actually build anything that wasn't parkour or floating tree islands. You have to portray your theme on your build map with a central build. You can't just have a bunch of floating parkour and call that a map, we expect there to be an actual build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was hard enough for the medium difficulty but it was way too long, you need to cut back on a couple of jumps and make it to that 40-60 range (78 is pushing it by a lot). Furthermore, your parkour had 2 main issues: variation and floating pk. You used 2 blocks for your parkour: stone and ladders. Now, you could definitely make an original and fun pk with that but it just didn't happen. You rehashed a lot of the same jumps over and over again and it proved to be unenjoyable. Regarding the floating pk, we expect you to integrate it to your build and not just having it floating around aimlessly.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.