jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I started watching My Hero Academia! I love it! Any other good animes you guys like and can recommend to me?
Preferably appropriate ones because I know some animes have really explicit and gory things. Probably PG-13 or maybe 14

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Everything depend on what you like and what you already saw but if you really like My Hero Academia, you should watch more shonen stuff, like Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, Noragami or Hunter X Hunter. Haikyuu is also a good pick if you want a sport shonen.
If you wanna go with something more chill, some slice of life like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, or romcoms like Oregairu and Seishun Buta Yarou.
In the more fantasy side, Konosuba if you want a comedy, Re:Zero on the thriller side or Made in Abyss on the drama and adventure side.
If you want a mystery, well there is Death Note, but if you already saw it, I recommend Durarara!!

I will also recommend some stuff I loved, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica (a famous magical girl thriller/drama anime), Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (a very good adventure and slice of life anime) or Mob Psycho 100 (action/comedy/slice of life with psychics) (I could also recommend Little Witch Academia (which is my favorite anime), but it's quite childish, I don't think everyone will love it like I do)

Feel free searching stuff on My Anime List too

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Everything depend on what you like and what you already saw but if you really like My Hero Academia, you should watch more shonen stuff, like Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, Noragami or Hunter X Hunter. Haikyuu is also a good pick if you want a sport shonen.
If you wanna go with something more chill, some slice of life like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, or romcoms like Oregairu and Seishun Buta Yarou.
In the more fantasy side, Konosuba if you want a comedy, Re:Zero on the thriller side or Made in Abyss on the drama and adventure side.
If you want a mystery, well there is Death Note, but if you already saw it, I recommend Durarara!!

I will also recommend some stuff I loved, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica (a famous magical girl thriller/drama anime), Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (a very good adventure and slice of life anime) or Mob Psycho 100 (action/comedy/slice of life with psychics) (I could also recommend Little Witch Academia (which is my favorite anime), but it's quite childish, I don't think everyone will love it like I do)

Feel free searching stuff on My Anime List too
Thanks! But there was a news story about the Dragon Maid one and apparently it had an weird scene in the manga, so probably not that one! But the others sound great!

Toshhi

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Toshhi
Toshhi
Patron+
Ratings
86 1
If you have the time for it, Fairytail. Although, it's long. Many episodes :)

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Thanks! But there was a news story about the Dragon Maid one and apparently it had an weird scene in the manga, so probably not that one! But the others sound great!
I have watched the anime and I'm reading the manga, while yeah there is some "weird" scene in the manga, the anime is actually quite light. After if you really have trouble with those type of stuff, feel checking the anime on My Anime List, if there is the tag "Ecchi" that mean there is some sexualized stuff in the anime (Well, there is not always the tag, so there is sometimes a few "weird" things, but it's still generally light). Konosuba and Seishun Buta Yarou should be avoided too then, but they are still very good.
And if you really have trouble with gory stuff, then you should also avoid Re:Zero, Made in Abyss or Madoka Magica, but they are also great.

So at the end, the best would be a shonen, or Sora Yori.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
MHA - Yea it's a pretty good anime but obviously, some people do not like it because of the community and I can respect that, I blasted through it and quite enjoyed it.

Recommendations:

1: Demon Slayer
(might be a bit bloody) probably one of the most visually appealing animes out there, very beautiful graphics and attention to detail, great acting, and an amazing story filled with action & comedy!

2: Sword Art Online, no matter how you look at it a lot of people really don't like this show, might be because of the Romance or it just seems generic, I still enjoyed the show quite a lot, and its got quite a couple seasons at the moment, basically the protagonist and thousands of people get trapped in a sort of Virtual Reality world and have to to survive, if you die in the game you die in real life.

3: Attack On Titan, one of the most gruesome on this list so it's only for people who can take gore and bloody type stuff, etc. Probably the anime with one of the best stories out there, always made me want to watch more of it all the time, and it's one of my all-time favorites for sure.

4: Naruto, one of the most detailed Anime's I've watched so far, It may have around 800 episodes but its not all that bad, people usually assume that shows with so many episodes are pretty boring but I absolutely love this Anime, even if a good chunk of it at times may have fillers and flashbacks. Every single character has a backstory and it's the only Anime that has made me like the bad guys at times.

5: Haikyuu, as Shinxray mentioned above perfect for people of all ages, a very hyped type of sports Anime that is very appealing and is quite dramatic, at one of the scenes I was literally cheering for one side in a sports game.

6: Mob Psycho 100, an amazing show, came out not that long ago but I love it honestly, some people may not like the type of animation that is used in the show as it doesn't really look like the ordinary Anime show that you see around but it's still a very nice show and has beautifully detailed animation.

7: KonoSuba - One of the funniest Anime's I've ever watched in my life, if you're going to watch it you need to watch the movie after you watch the show, I think I was lying down laughing for a good 20 minutes throughout the show and movie, great acting, story and attention to it so you should definitely check it out though it may just be my humor.

8: Fire Force, a great Anime, might feel a bit repetitive at times the story is alright I would say but it's quite interesting and the animation skills are amazing to be fair with you, I would definitely recommend checking out the show.

Hope you enjoy :)

AZNCreeper

ELITE
AZNCreeper
AZNCreeper
ELITE
Ratings
65 3
Definitely check out Steins; Gate. It starts slow but pops off--it's for sure in my top 3 favorite anime of all time. It's only 25 episodes too so it won't drain your time that much.

Also check out Hunter x Hunter. I rate this anime a solid 11/10. It's not my absolute favorite (still in top 5) but it is perhaps the best anime I've seen. Not to be confused with favorite, but best, idk does this make sense? Probably not but I'm going with it.

My favorite of all time, and my biggest recommendation, has to go to Code Geass (unless you're young). It's got a very dark tone throughout the whole show but it's just...amazing to say the least. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet (maybe I'm just edgy which makes me love this show so much) and this show's ending is the best ending of any anime I have ever seen. Would HIGHLY recommend this one.

UGH I find myself editing this post every like 2 seconds but one more maybe 4 more later who knows, but:
SAO is pretty overrated IMO but ya gotta watch it for the culture. However, if you make it to season 3, Alicization, it gets quite dang good. Also, pretty much all of SAO's openings, endings, and soundtrack are top tier (crossing field is such a classic).

Last edited:

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Somehow, nobody mentioned Cowboy Bebop or Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (this sounds weird but I assure you it's not)? Like. those are two of the best animes I've ever seen. You gotta watch them. Cells at Work is also another great one which is pretty short so if you're pressed for time, I'd watch that. The other two you gotta really pay attention to. I would recommend JoJo and the Persona anime adaptations but like... they definitely aren't very PG.