"Archive Maps" (Parkour)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Most of the oldest maps on the server are pretty bad and don't fit with the current criteria for judging and accepting maps, which probably confuses a lot of new players who want to make maps but haven't necessarily completed the whole log. I don't think the first two pages of every difficulty should be these floating repetitive pixel art behemoths. Maybe either sort the log in reverse, with the most recent maps added to the front (if possible), or create a new section called "archived maps" or something similar with all the maps that people know and have completed but that would never be accepted now.
I think it would improve map creation and gameplay immensely.

And on this note, please remove the "You've already completed all the courses in this category" limitation! Some of us want to randomly do courses for a second time!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I definitely agree that map makers should be aware of the newer map standards. Maps such as Colors, 3Rainbows, BluevOrange, Rythm, and Random have some of the highest completions on the server, and had those maps been submitted today, all would have likely been rejected. So I can get behind that. My question is, if a map was archived, would there be less mana rewards?

I do also agree with the diamond button alteration, but it's nice to not have to scroll to complete the new monthly easies/mediums. I'm lowkey lazy

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Most of the oldest maps on the server are pretty bad and don't fit with the current criteria for judging and accepting maps, which probably confuses a lot of new players who want to make maps but haven't necessarily completed the whole log. I don't think the first two pages of every difficulty should be these floating repetitive pixel art behemoths. Maybe either sort the log in reverse, with the most recent maps added to the front (if possible), or create a new section called "archived maps" or something similar with all the maps that people know and have completed but that would never be accepted now.
I think it would improve map creation and gameplay immensely.

And on this note, please remove the "You've already completed all the courses in this category" limitation! Some of us want to randomly do courses for a second time!
I don't think that an entirely separate section should be added, as the rules will change from time to time and this would result in an "archive" section bigger than the active section.
However, I definitely agree that the maps should be organized from new to old rather than vice versa, as it is currently. It's rather frustrating to have to surf past, like, 6 pages every time you want to try one of your friends new maps. It also would constantly increase popularity of maps that are more sophisticated in terms of parkour and build, rather than the same few unoriginal (though they were original at the time) maps like LuckyBlock, Mario, Creeper, etc. I think it's a bad look for the server when the first maps shown look just the same as every other parkour map they've likely seen.
I think it should alert you when you've completed all courses (that's how I know I'm keeping up with all the new maps) but still send you to a random map.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I definitely agree that map makers should be aware of the newer map standards. Maps such as Colors, 3Rainbows, BluevOrange, Rythm, and Random have some of the highest completions on the server, and had those maps been submitted today, all would have likely been rejected. So I can get behind that. My question is, if a map was archived, would there be less mana rewards?

I do also agree with the diamond button alteration, but it's nice to not have to scroll to complete the new monthly easies/mediums. I'm lowkey lazy
The random map selector is great when you haven't completed all the maps, but it's needlessly limiting once you have.