Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey DingusRice,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we have our fair share of console-related maps on our server, there are none themed after the Atari 2600. Which, makes this an originally themed map submission. Good job on picking something new!
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build was executed as great as it could have been. First things first, you need to integrate your parkour into your build better. It really hinders a build when its parkour is just floating around as it makes it look very messy and cluttered. The next issue I have with the build is the random floating joystick and plug. They just look completely out of place, as if they were an afterthought just shoved in. And, you could also work on making the joystick look more like one by adding some dimensionality/detailing to it (making it less blocky, adding the button, making the base of the stick circular like how it is in real life). Lastly, the Atari itself is pretty bland. I feel like you could do so much more with it. For example, you could detail the display screen with the switches way better, it's missing a lot of the things the real console has. And, you could always make the overall baseless blocky and have more shape to it.
  • Parkour: The parkour was definitely long and difficult enough for the medium difficulty. Although, some parts definitely felt much easier than others so buffing the overall difficulty of the map wouldn't be a bad idea. Furthermore, I found it to be varied throughout for the most part but you could cut back on the ladder jumps. They do get a little repetitive. Other than these two things, it's pretty okay.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.