Rejected Axolotl Cake (Parkour Map Submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Plot ID: -91;81
63 Jumps
Difficulty: Easy

In celebration of axolotls coming to Minecraft 1.17, I built an Axolotl themed cake with a big candle.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.07.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.00.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.08.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.01.48 PM.png

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Did this just go unnoticed or....
No, it's fairly normal for maps to take a long time to be judged. I usually wait a week for mine. Be patient, and remember, map judges are volunteers, judging maps takes up a lot of their own free time, especially with how frequently maps are submitted.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello King_Fuff,

I regret to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, while there are other cake/sweet maps there are not axolotl themed maps. The cake structure is okay, although the blocks palette chosen doesn't make the cake feel fluffy and delicious. It looks more stone like and appears more as a decorative statue or box. The axolotl on the top looks really nice, it is accurate to what the axolotls will look like in Minecraft when they are added. I'm not a fan of the cake, but I do like the axolotl.

The parkour is not mixed or varied much at all, with the majority of the parkour being comprised of normal blocks/slabs. Different blocks also come right in a row which makes the parkour extremely repetitive. Also note that pistons cannot be used in with redstone in parkour maps, as pistons do not work properly in the main parkour world. The parkour did fit the easy difficulty, even if the map felt a bit long for an easy map.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.