Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately biome maps will not be accepted.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The theme isn't very good, as biome maps are very common. They can still be accepted, but the build and parkour would have to be absolutely outstanding for that to be the case.

The build isn't necessarily unattractive, but a similar shape is used for all the islands, giving it little variety and making it a bit boring. You could also try adding some detail relevant to the biomes.

The parkour is very repetitive, although I would consider it fun. Also, it seems a bit long for a medium, so I'd suggest going with hard as the difficulty; that being said, I'd say the majority of jumps in the map suit easy/medium moreso than hard.

I also found 3 skips (and an impossible jump):
2019-12-01_07.56.24.png

You can't jump into the hole in the side (which is where I assume you're supposed to go) but you can skip the entire islands parkour by jumping to the left ledge with speed.

2019-12-01_07.57.14.png

You can jump straight from the tower to the left ledge of the island, skipping all the interior parkour once again.

2019-12-01_07.58.17.png

And for the last skip, just jump on top of the island instead of the white glass panes and you skip all the end parkour.

Overall, I think that you have a lot of potential as a map builder, but this map just won't do it, so I'll have to give it a -1. For your next map, try a more original theme and some more varied parkour, because I can tell you aren't a horrible builder. Good luck!

Keep in mind, I am not an official map judge; take my review as that of a normal member of the community <3

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that your map has been rejected. Firstly, the theme is very unoriginal, as we already have MANY biome related maps on ManaCube. The build also isn't the most attractive, and could definitely be improved. The parkour is way to long to fit the difficulties you're going for, I also found it a bit too hard at some places, as well as a few impossible jumps, the variety isn't terrible, but it was pretty repetitive when using the reoccurring "normal" blocks and ladders.

In the future when creating maps, please refer to the following list below to see whether the build/theme for you map has already been done, I'd also suggest the second list below to check how many jumps are suitable for certain leveled difficulties. As for the parkour, I'd recommend going through and testing your jumps after finishing your map, as this can easily prevent your level being too hard, or impossible jumps, I'd also recommend using a variety of blocks for your jumps such as soul sand, brewing stands, chests, water, etc.

Map list (With theme) : https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
Map Information : https://www.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map and thank you for being patient as we reviewed your map, I hope to see more from you in the future.
Luci

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.