Rejected Birch Cake - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Guodlca
Map Name: Birch Cake
Plot: /plot v guodlca 1
Difficulty: Medium
Photo album: Number of jumps: 45-50, depending on what you count as jump

The environment is a biome, which I know has been done before but biomes honestly look good and for the idea I had in mind with the cave and the underground section (last third of the course) it seemed a good option to make it look natural.
I've added air balloons to "carry" any floating sections so to make them look natural and not just floating. Except for that bee jump, that's just a strong bee.
A few random people tested the map and after their feedback, I've decided to add coloured wool to make it very clear for players where to go since the map is compact. I've put in work to find any possible skips and fix them without the use of barrier blocks, that's why some of the leaves are looking a bit wonky.
All the testers also commented that the map was fun, please give it a chance even though it's a biome. I've tried to make the parkour feel fun and not too punishing since it's meant to be a medium map.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The theme has been done before as you mentioned, I won't go into that as you already know.

The build is pretty nice, it could be improved a bit but overall it looks pretty appealing.

The parkour is enjoyable and a good length/difficulty for medium (though some are a bit harder, such as the slab-slime-ladder jump with a headhitter), but a bit repetitive in some spots (e.g the vine faller area).

+0, good luck!

Keep in mind, I am not an official map judge; take my review as that of a normal member of the community <3

I was playing this map before you submitted it and i enjoyed it, there were some difficult jumps and bugs but you saw me doing it and resolved them so... this map is nice. keep building.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Guodlca,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as it is biome themed. Please read over the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't bad, it is quite simple, but overall looks nice.
The parkour isn't great. It is quite repetitive, as you used a lot of normal block jumps, with some ladders. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, it will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
The parkour is also quite confusing, I would suggest trying to make a clearer path for your parkour, as some jumps were confusing and difficult.
The length and difficulty are good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.