Bring back Vpn's for survival

DecoBond

ELITE
DecoBond
DecoBond
ELITE
Ratings
Vps have never been disabled in the past. They protect the players of this community from vpn fishing and malicious hacks. This is just wrong and this is invading on player privacy. Why would I want a random person who has a ip grabber know where I reside in REAL LIFE. Please bring back vps if you care about player security.

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
Vps have never been disabled in the past. They protect the players of this community from vpn fishing and malicious hacks. This is just wrong and this is invading on player privacy. Why would I want a random person who has a ip grabber know where I reside in REAL LIFE. Please bring back vps if you care about player security.
While IP doesnt mean shit to pinpointing location (at best youll be ddosed for a bit before dynamic ip does its thing) i believe vpn bans should still be lifted for people who may not be able to play minecraft at all otherwise.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I agree VPNs should be allowed, at least for donors, like on kit.
But personally, I don't see the high risk in a lot of info being known (for clarification even though I shouldn't have to say this- it's literally self-explanatory as I am the one saying it- I kind of do because people be hatin. This is an opinion. My opinion. And only my opinion on this topic. This is not me forcing myself onto others, just me sharing my experience and beliefs on this topic)
I take my internet safety seriously (sometimes ;)) so I am careful when it comes to clicking links that might be harmful. I know what sites and internet traffic is safe and what generally aren't.
In my experience on manacube, and the internet, unless you're looking for trouble, it won't really come to you. People that I've never met, and will never meet, know my name, my age, my home address, my work, my financial status, etc. and I've never yet met someone that got angry at me in-game, took a plane from the other side of the country to come to my house to hurt me and take my money. That just doesn't happen.
Internet trouble stays on the internet. And therefore, in my opinion, I don't see the need for VPNs for the reason of internet safety.

Nixeld

ELITE
Nixeld
Nixeld
ELITE
Ratings
Been having really bad connection to the server these past few weeks which makes the game completely unplayable. The issue is intermittent so I am not sure what was causing the bad connection. If I were to do a speed test for my WiFi, everything looks fine. It was only until I wanted to try connecting to other MC servers when I saw that Manacube was not the only server I have issues connecting to. There was another server(which I will black out otherwise it be adv) which I also have a bad connection to. I did a bit of digging and found out that the servers I have bad connection to are using TCPShield as their DDOS mitigation service. So this has led me to believe that TCPShield is the one causing the issue.
A workaround for me was to use a VPN to connect to Manacube and everything will work fine. But with the recent ban of VPNs, it has made it impossible for me to play on the server during times when I have these connection issues.
If any dev will like to help debug this issue, I will gladly assist them with it because I am not the only 1 experiencing this problem.