Build Critique

dylannn

MVP+
dadbanger69
dadbanger69
MVP+
Ratings
Following on from @MCBYT's post I thought it would be useful to get some of your opinions on my build. Seeing that I went and built it in creative, meaning I have to rebuild the whole thing in parkour again, this will be helpful. Still yet to start the jumps, so any ideas for that are appreciated.
2019-11-01_18.55.41.png

2019-11-01_18.59.23.png

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Before you rebuild everything, try seeing if you can get a staff member to move your build from Creative to Parkour. I really like the water, and the shape of the ship is nice. I think it could use a bit more detail on the inside, mainly near the tip (maybe add some sort of hatch?)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Wow, that's a really nice yacht that you've made there. I love how you actually made some nice custom water with mixed stained glass instead of just going with plain water, it makes it look more artistic and I personally like that. Maybe make it a little longer at the back as it looks a little short for some reason, other than that it doesn't really like that bad, to be honest, I quite like it.
- TheProTroller

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unless this has changed, you don't have to rebuild a map that you built in Creative. You can submit it from there and it can be added to warp beta at the same time that all the other maps are. I could be mistaken.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Unless this has changed, you don't have to rebuild a map that you built in Creative. You can submit it from there and it can be added to warp beta at the same time that all the other maps are. I could be mistaken.
Sadly maps from creative are not accepted since the Creative revamp, because it's impossible to download from a 1.13 server to an 1.8 server (the files I get on creative is not compatible with 1.8, the reverse (Parkour to Creative) is possible tho). Maybe it will be fixed one day ?

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Sadly maps from creative are not accepted since the Creative revamp, because it's impossible to download from a 1.13 server to an 1.8 server (the files I get on creative is not compatible with 1.8, the reverse (Parkour to Creative) is possible tho). Maybe it will be fixed one day ?
I believe there are map converters that will substitute newer blocks for older ones. I'll see if I can find one (and hey, if not, maybe I can make one or commission somebody to make one)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I believe there are map converters that will substitute newer blocks for older ones. I'll see if I can find one (and hey, if not, maybe I can make one or commission somebody to make one)
Using newer blocks isn't the issue (even before Creative was updated, maps submitted from Creative with concrete or terracotta were just put in reviewing until it was changed to wool or clay) but like Shinx said schematic files work differently and can't be moved. Unfortunate, but it makes sense.