Buyable Unban/Mutes

Aerios

Aerios
Aerios
Ratings
-start rant-

So there's some sort of way that players are able to be banned and then pay the server to be unbanned, allowing everyone to just completely forget their wrong doings and go around freely. Can we all just take a moment here and understand how ubsurd of an idea this is? Let's take this and put it into a scenario where it's nothing of Minecraft.

So let's say I'm working at an accounting firm and I am jailed for embezzlement. Upon release I decide to sue my own company just because I'm now free from jail, served my time and am a free citizen. No, it doesn't work that way. Who in the right mind is going to believe this story from someone who was just released from jail? It just doesn't work like this.

Back onto topic, I just find this insane that someone can literally buy an unban then go around and have mods give them their full attention when they feel threatened and such. In all, I don't think that being able to buy this in the first place is reasonable. But let's say it stays; the believability of said person buying an unban and getting full rights on this server is just unacceptable.

Now I'm posting this for two reasons.
1.) I've just now witnessed this happening and more drama is just going to ensue.
2.) People are literally leaving the team/server over said drama.

Likewise, I've been muted for drawing attention towards this on the server and I can agree that both mutes were permitted and I've accepted those consequences in it's entirety. But just come on guys, who logical is it that someone person can be banned for whatever they were banned for and money can just be a get out of jail free card for them and we forget everything.

All in all, we can all guess where this entire post is coming from based on the current events and from my eyes the server is literally split on who to like and who not to like. But this is just logic. I get this is a Minecraft server and that drama and stuff is just going to happen because most people on this server are 12 anyways; but just, this is literally pointless.

More to all this all, yes; like I've said this entire post has been created regarding one event recently occuring on this server. But what I don't think most people know is that this person after being banned has gone around twitter literally trash talking Minevast and causing stuff with everyone 'they' can get their hands on. I just do not see how the justifiability in allowing them to be able to just buy their way out of this.

Now of course this entire situation is only viewed in the eyes of a handful of people on the network but I hope just reading this can show people the nonesense that some players are looking to bring into this. I find it immature and just stupid for players to have to go through this.

-end rant-

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Yes but you gotta realize since the EULA rule enforcements let's be real not much people are going to be buying ranks that much anymore. But that doesn't change people who buy unbans. It's simply smart business. Plus the only people that do buy unbans are people who actually want to play on the server, not people who come to intoxicate it because they won't pay money to toxicate a server. And the people that do wrong when they buy an unban know that what they did is not allowed and won't do it again that's why they buy an unban to get back on the server. I seriously doubt they'll cheat again after buying an unban.

But I get your point on how there are people who go trash talking the server but if they buy an unban and then chose to do the same wrong thing again they'll just get banned or muted again. It's easy, it's a simple profit for minevast

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
You have every right to post your opinion, no one is going to punish you for that.

Anyways, let me just start off by saying you can only purchase three of the buyable unmute/unban packages. When you decide to purchase one of these packages, you're more than likely purchasing it because you are permanently banned and/or muted on the MineVast network. Once purchased, your current punishment(s) will be lifted. This does not mean your records and history are cleared. Buying the package gives you one final chance. One more major offense, such as homophobia, will result in your old punishment being put back in place, and possibly even a permanent ban if that was not the old punishment.

You may not agree with the buyable unmutes/unbans, but it does in fact comply with the Mojang EULA. If most people saw that it wasn't a good idea, then it would not be sold on the server store.

Thank you for being mature about this whole thing. If you feel like there are matters to be discussed privately, then message myself or another staff member.

I am not trying to be mean or attack you in any way. This is a debate and I have no problem with continuing it.

Have a nice day! :D

Last edited:

Nick_

Retired Staff | Neanderthal
Donator+
Ratings
299 4
I agree with everything Tywone said,
However I can tell by reading the post that this is directed at a single player that you where thinking of or had in mind while posting this. Your opinion is a your opinion and no one can say its wrong or right, but when someone buys a unban from the server it means they want to come back, they want to play, they want to enjoy the server.
Yes people can make mistakes and everyone dose, but they can also fix those mistakes and have second chances. However people keep making mistakes they will be punished no matter who it is. and you can only buy a unban/unmute so many times before your out of chances.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
Likewise, I've been muted for drawing attention towards this on the server
You were muted for player disrespect and blatant hate speech. Neither are allowed in MineVast. I cannot control what happens on other sites, but you have the ability to block those you dislike. All players (and staff) need to keep hate speech and bullying out of MineVast .

Those who buy unmutes/unbans do not get a clean record. They are generally given more scrutiny until they prove they will follow server rules. Some become great players in MineVast. Others do not. However, we do not punish players based on hearsay, we need evidence. If there is evidence of any player breaking server rules, please make a player report. If they have been perm banned or muted in the past, their punishment will generally be more severe than those with a clean record. Of course, we are not going to perm mute for 4 words in caps. So please make any reports relevant.

We try to be fair to all players. As far as favoritism goes, my favorites are usually the ones following the rules and making my job easier. Unfortunately, that means my favorites change as players go from kind and seemingly mature players to bullies and haters.

Discussing the purchase of unbans and unmutes is within forum rules. However, if this turns personal or towards further hate speech, the posts will not be allowed. Having been banned before should not make you a target for other players. No matter what their donator rank, parkour rank or builder rank. And staff members standing up against hate should not be labelled as playing favorites. But, if I have to choose, I will never stand on the side of hate.

Aerios

Aerios
Aerios
Ratings
You were muted for player disrespect and blatant hate speech. Neither are allowed in MineVast. I cannot control what happens on other sites, but you have the ability to block those you dislike. All players (and staff) need to keep hate speech and bullying out of MineVast .

Those who buy unmutes/unbans do not get a clean record. They are generally given more scrutiny until they prove they will follow server rules. Some become great players in MineVast. Others do not. However, we do not punish players based on hearsay, we need evidence. If there is evidence of any player breaking server rules, please make a player report. If they have been perm banned or muted in the past, their punishment will generally be more severe than those with a clean record. Of course, we are not going to perm mute for 4 words in caps. So please make any reports relevant.

We try to be fair to all players. As far as favoritism goes, my favorites are usually the ones following the rules and making my job easier. Unfortunately, that means my favorites change as players go from kind and seemingly mature players to bullies and haters.

Discussing the purchase of unbans and unmutes is within forum rules. However, if this turns personal or towards further hate speech, the posts will not be allowed. Having been banned before should not make you a target for other players. No matter what their donator rank, parkour rank or builder rank. And staff members standing up against hate should not be labelled as playing favorites. But, if I have to choose, I will never stand on the side of hate.
I'm not here to discuss whether anything I did was right or wrong; I've already stated the mutes were warrented and that's the end of that story. I just still don't see fairness in someone being banned and then just paying to be unbanned. You've been given the warnings before, talked trash about the server and then get a 'second chance' when you've already been given 3?

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
@Aerios you claimed you were muted for bringing this issue to the attention of the server. I was correcting that statement. We don't mute for respectful disagreements or differences of opinions. Your social media also said I was showing favoritism, which is why that was addressed.

Like I said, discuss all you want, but keep it respectful.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
I'm confused why social media is brought into this though?
No to to be rude but the topic of social media was brought into the equation when you introduced it in your initial post on this thread.

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
Aerios they do not lose the fact that they committed a wrong doing. It is still registered, the punishment is just removed. I think this is a great EULA compliant feature able to be bought in the Minevast store.