• Poll closed .

Leapinglizard101

MVP+
leapinglizard101
leapinglizard101
MVP+
Ratings
17 2
Now this post may be very one sided, so please feel free to rat me out in the comments, and i have found out about this poll that dacon has posted about asking people. Should you be able to, only once buy yourself out of a ban, essentially what this is doing, if you don't understand. And if I don't understand please let me know. This, if it goes through at all. witch I don't think it will personally because of all the mixed feelings around this. What you will be able to do if this takes effect is, lets say I'm a hacker...(Im not obviously) I would be able to say hmm, I can hack (fly,speed,kill aura) and If I get caught, then I can always pay $10-$20 to get out of it. Now the one thing that Im happy about is the fact that people realize they can only do this once. BUT I believe that anybody already banned for hacking would be able to get back online and my worry is do it again. Now i know that the amazing staff on the server will always find these people so we all stay safe. But with every new cure there is always a new virus.

Johniee

Dedicated Member
Ratings
171 5
Hello Leapinglizard101

EDIT (Leapinglizard101 I am not ranting at you on this by the way I am just sharing my thoughts on the idea.)

(I would also like to add that this would probably not happen anyways because it is agaisnt Mojang EULA Regulations) - Added 1:32pm

I have been on many servers and they have this option to buy out of a ban which I my opinion on this is that it should not be added for any reason. I agree if someone is banned then they are rightyfully banned.

We have an appeal system in place. If they are found guilty they stay banned if they are banned for a false claim (which is very rare but can happen) then the person will be rightfully unbanned.

Now yes I get they can only buy it once (on one account) now my main concern is that the bigger picture. The bigger picture bigger is players could do what ever they'd like for a ban and buy themselves out once. What I am saying is that if we gave such an option it could promote players to break the rules. We do not want people breaking the rules so in my opinion it is best not give anyone a reason to break the rules.

I can only say a few servers have died due to having this in place I am not going to say what servers but this option despite only being able to buy it once on just one account can end badly.

Another thing to worry about is that players like me who disagree with the idea of being able to unban themselves will leave the server over it. I am not saying I will leave the server over it but a lot of players will be mad over having such an option.

That is my overall conclusion of the idea. If it did ever get added well I would be slightly upset and concerned but I will not give up on this community if it did get added.

Last edited:

noodlemonkey01

VIP
ImALiarTrustMe
ImALiarTrustMe
VIP
Ratings
154 8
Hi,

Agreed. Appealing a ban is much more undemanding and beneficial than spending your money on an unban. As long as you recognize the aftermath of your wrong doings and are sincerely sorry, you should be able to get unbanned without having to spend any sort of money. (It's morally correct.) Although this technique may help the server financially, it is undeniably not healthy for the ManaCube community to persistently have people who were banned flood back into the PvP servers.

It's really not that challenging to follow some simple, clear, and, quite frankly, obvious rules. Like Johnnie said, there is no reason to cheat on ManaCube, so why would you give them a reason to break the rules and possibly get away with it?

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
Well,

I've not made my mind up on this yet. Firstly, they have done wrong. The have broken the rules so therefore I don't think they should have another chance to come back onto the server. They should have been aware of the rules but they weren't so they were then banned; which is fair. Then secondly, if they do decide to buy this one time urban then hopefully their behavior will improve as they don't want to go and waste their money on getting banned again. Though if they do decide to do wrong again then the staff team will notice that and they will just get banned again which then means they clearly just wasted their money. As I said, my mind has not been made fully up about this decision but I guess the server could give it a go.