ELITE
fribe
fribe
ELITE
Ratings
132 9
Builder: fribe
Pictures: Warp: /plot h fribe 8

6/18 update: I changed almost all the jumps and the entire inside of the chain chomper. The difficulty is now hard too, instead of medium.

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello fribe,

I'm giving your map a -1 for the following reasons,
The theme is okay, there aren't any maps that are the same build as that, but there are many that fit the Mario category. The build is quite plain, which I know when building characters like those, it's hard to add much detail, so that isn't a huge problem.
The parkour is alright, the start especially with all the barriers is quite confusing, maybe adding signs saying that the carpeted areas are blocked off? Just adding something that maybe makes it a bit clearer what you're meant to do. For the rest of the map, the jumps are pretty repetitive, I would suggest using more variety in the jumps, rather than mainly using ladders and single block jumps. Also as I mentioned previously, maybe adding more direction to the inside part of the map since that could come off as confusing for some.

Good luck! :)

fribe

Dedicated Member
ELITE
fribe
fribe
ELITE
Ratings
132 9
Hello fribe,

I'm giving your map a -1 for the following reasons,
The theme is okay, there aren't any maps that are the same build as that, but there are many that fit the Mario category. The build is quite plain, which I know when building characters like those, it's hard to add much detail, so that isn't a huge problem.
The parkour is alright, the start especially with all the barriers is quite confusing, maybe adding signs saying that the carpeted areas are blocked off? Just adding something that maybe makes it a bit clearer what you're meant to do. For the rest of the map, the jumps are pretty repetitive, I would suggest using more variety in the jumps, rather than mainly using ladders and single block jumps. Also as I mentioned previously, maybe adding more direction to the inside part of the map since that could come off as confusing for some.

Good luck! :)
I agree completely. I haven't touched this map in nearly a year and didn't have much motivation to revamp it at the time but just decided while I'm submitting maps might as well just submit this one and see how it goes. There is a sign at the start saying what to do with the carpets, I guess you missed it. Thank you for your input though :) If I ever revamp it I'll take everything here into consideration.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Hey fribe, sorry to tell you that your map has been rejected.

The theme is not very unoriginal (there are SO MANY Mario maps now, please try to do a more original theme next time). The build is not great either, it is very plain (even if it does look like the real thing). try to use more blocks in your builds. The parkour is also not very good, it fits the hard difficulty but it's pretty repetitive (mostly ladders and panes, although I like panes try to use lots of different jumps) and it's pretty confusing.

Thanks for submitting, I'd love to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.