MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
In the world of speedrunning, "segment timers" are often used to track progress on specific parts of a game. For each "segment", which can be indicated in several ways (one per level, world, minigame, etc), there is a "best time" and a "previous time". That way, you can A. compare your current time on a segment to past times easily, and B. check what sections you either failed or outperformed in after a particularly quick/slow run. At the current moment, the only way to check your segment times on Parkour, specifically in Champion maps, would be to record multiple full playthroughs, take the smallest one, and compare it with other videos to find major time differences. Rather than this complicated process, I propose that segment timers could be implemented in the sidebar (the most preferable), in chat after completing a map, or through a command that can be executed at any time. If you have anything to add onto this, as well as any critique or support, feel free to tell me!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Isn't this just challenge mode? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Isn't this just challenge mode? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.
I have used challenge mode about twice ever, so I might be missing something, but I haven't seen what I'm suggesting. Essentially, for champion maps (or normal maps if wanted), you would have a timer on the side. It would have your previous time and best time for each checkpoint, rather than the entire run. That way, you can see where specifically you've improved and faltered, rather than just knowing you did better, and can then use that knowledge to improve future runs.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Ah, I see. Yeah, that would be interesting.