Change the staff system?

• Total voters

DrPhilThanos

MVP
DrPhilThanos
DrPhilThanos
MVP
Ratings
Before I start this I would like to point out that the FAQ is kind of outdated because it still says MineVast in a few places lol... So when you apply for staff you have to pick a server you're applying for and nothing is wrong with this it's not my choice to say how it works, but it doesn't make much sense to me because currently the staff team has 24 or 25 members it's not very big, so the fact that you're thinning them out to a specific server doesn't make much sense now I don't know why it works like this but I'm just suggesting that maybe it should change? Also, someone like me who would like to apply and be a part of the ManaCube staff team, it's hard because I really enjoy playing on Creative but I also really enjoy playing on Survival and I'm not sure what to apply for. So what are your thoughts?

hoju

dopeium
dopeium
Ratings
I've just recently started playing on the server so I haven't seen much of the effects of having server specific staff members, but from prior servers and what I've seen so far, I think it's the better system. Firstly, I just want to point out that I play mostly on the parkour server and there are occasionally staff members online, but definitely not as much as the player base would warrant. Currently no staff on a 500~ player server is a little worrying, but I don't think it's a problem. There haven't been many incidents that would warrant constant staff surveillance so it's like a, "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" type of problem. Whether it gets to it or not, only time will tell. On the other hand, I believe that most players play mostly on one server, not all players, but most. So it doesn't really make sense for, let's say, a parkour player to try and staff a survival server. There two whole different types of gamemodes requiring different types of knowledge. Albeit chat modding between the two isn't different, things such as specific commands, common knowledge, how the gamemode works, etc., are completely different.
That being said, it may help if the staff applications allowed you to pick multiple servers, maybe have a maximum, and place the applicant in whichever server that needs staff more out of the ones they picked.

PancakezRule5

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ClickFilA
ClickFilA
MVP+
Ratings
164 25
When applying, apply for the server you play most, i would say, or even better at I guess, then you can also apply for the other server some how while staff.

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
So each server has rules slightly different from each. Every mod that you see has been trained for that specific server's rules and such. While they may be chat mod on other servers to deal with chat issues, the specific mod for those servers know what to do best as they have been trained for it. With time I've seen some staff have two servers or more. Mod+ is exclusive to all servers and has been trained a ton which took a ton of time to get there. They know every server's rules and how to deal with it. Since every server has some difference in rules and commands it really is a lot to take in. Im new and Im saying its a lot to take in and a tough job- but I enjoy it. I think we're doing okay so far.

DrPhilThanos

MVP
DrPhilThanos
DrPhilThanos
MVP
Ratings
So each server has rules slightly different from each. Every mod that you see has been trained for that specific server's rules and such. While they may be chat mod on other servers to deal with chat issues, the specific mod for those servers know what to do best as they have been trained for it. With time I've seen some staff have two servers or more. Mod+ is exclusive to all servers and has been trained a ton which took a ton of time to get there. They know every server's rules and how to deal with it. Since every server has some difference in rules and commands it really is a lot to take in. Im new and Im saying its a lot to take in and a tough job- but I enjoy it. I think we're doing okay so far.
So if I wanted to become a staff member it's just a matter of which server I feel more comfortable moderating? Now that I think about it I actually didn't even bother to think about this lmao I feel kind of stupid for making this post now.