Rejected Cheese - Medium (made by noyoureaspoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! I'm glad you took the time to submit a map!

Unfortunately this theme isn't original, which is problematic. Additionally, the build and parkour are really basic, and could use some more work (I'd check out this wiki article).

Despite this, good job and keep working! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey noyoureaspoon,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we do have a lot of food-related maps and a map called "MouseTrap" that features some cheese, none are actually themed after cheese. Hence why I believe this to be an originally themed map submission. Good job on picking out something new!
  • Build: Personally, I'm not a fan of the build. For a map themed after cheese, there's certainly a lack of it. It's basically mostly floating yellow parkour and this very odd amorphous piece of cheese that feels like an after thought. You have to procure to focus on conveying your theme and then you integrate your parkour into it. Basically, if your map is themed after cheese you better build a killer piece of cheese and then integrate your parkour into it!
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty, although it's leaning on the easier side of things. The major issue with it is the lack of variation. The first 10-12 jumps are just basically the same: hopping from platform to platform. And then you also have the fence segment. Both of these two segments are evidence of the lack of variation within your map, which leads to a very unenjoyable experience. Be more creative, don't stick to the same things!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.