A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Allo - pink here with a bit of feedback. Mainly on the pk (not a map judge, but etc. etc.)

Love the organic. The best effort I've seen put into map submissions for it's type, block variation is stellar and the tail shows that too.

Small suggestion with the starting banners, why don't you change it to become seeds on invisible blocks instead? It'd fit with the 'chicken' theme

In terms of the pk, there were just a little final shaping things to note in my opinion:
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 13.34.44.png

Red rectangle denotes a possible sign direction to tell me to go up

- Jumps 1 and 2 are pretty difficult for an easy (see below)
- Jump 3 is a great example of how to execute a potential tricky jump for an easy map i.e. make it fail safe with that slab, allowing new players to try it more than once

Suggestion - keep jumps 1/2, place a slab where the water is, and move the water one block out - makes jump 1 risky, but jump 2 'semi' failsafe! It's a compromise :p

Regardless, I think putting it all together, I love the look and feel of the map. A solid 9. Missing that slight bit on the pk.

I guess you can also say the egg came before the chicken?
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 13.46.03.png

Thanks for reading, good luck!
Pink

Ratings
Allo - pink here with a bit of feedback. Mainly on the pk (not a map judge, but etc. etc.)

Love the organic. The best effort I've seen put into map submissions for it's type, block variation is stellar and the tail shows that too.

Small suggestion with the starting banners, why don't you change it to become seeds on invisible blocks instead? It'd fit with the 'chicken' theme

In terms of the pk, there were just a little final shaping things to note in my opinion:
View attachment 40889
Red rectangle denotes a possible sign direction to tell me to go up

- Jumps 1 and 2 are pretty difficult for an easy (see below)
- Jump 3 is a great example of how to execute a potential tricky jump for an easy map i.e. make it fail safe with that slab, allowing new players to try it more than once

Suggestion - keep jumps 1/2, place a slab where the water is, and move the water one block out - makes jump 1 risky, but jump 2 'semi' failsafe! It's a compromise :p

Regardless, I think putting it all together, I love the look and feel of the map. A solid 9. Missing that slight bit on the pk.

I guess you can also say the egg came before the chicken?
View attachment 40890

Thanks for reading, good luck!
Pink
Thanks for the feedback! I've made adjustments to the map :)

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Ah. An unintentional skip arose from changing that slab haha
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 19.53.59.png

Can probably easily rectified by lowering either the slab i'm on or raising the other to make it a 1.5 - or maybe some other ingenious method I haven't thought of :)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Spiralio & Soup_Man,

I will now be setting this map as Ongoing.
I have tested this map and will now be discussing the outcome with other map judges. Please be patient as this process may take a few days.

Thanks!
- Madi

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Spiralio & Soup_Man,

Unfortunately, your map has been Rejected.
The theme isn't original, as there is already a chicken map (Chicken - Medium) Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original. I do understand though that the build in this map is quite different from the other chicken map.
The build is good, it's detailed, accurate and overall well built, so well done.
The parkour has some variation which is good, the jumps are original and enjoyable.
The difficulty did feel a bit inconsistent though, some of it was fine for an easy map, but there were a few jumps that were too difficult.
The length is good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.