Accepted Chinese Lantern - Hard ( Re-submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Username: TheDestroyer7234
Parkour By: xX_SacredPvp_Xx
Map Name: ChineseLantern
Plot: /plot h TheDestroyer7234 2
Difficulty: Hard
Number of Jumps: 65 w/ 5 checkpoints

Thank you for your feedback on some of the parkour. I've made the changes to some jumps in the map that may have been too hard or just annoying in general.
I hope the jumps that I've nerfed are sustainable for the map to be accepted!

Attachments

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Des and SacredPvP!
I am here to give you my review of the map!

Firstly I think the theme of your map is GREAT since I don't think there are other maps related to chinese lanterns. While there might be some china related maps and some lantern related maps this is a combination of those two and I think is an original take on the theme!
Secondly the build of your map is GOOD. It uses a decent variation of blocks and looks similar to what you were going for!
Lastly the parkour of your map is GOOD. It is well varied, fun, fits the length and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints! After the nerfs you did I think the map still has a few questionably difficult jumps that could be adjusted but I think it is good the way it is now!

Overall well done! I think this is definitely an improvement from the original rejected submission :)

Good luck! :D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Des and Sacred

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you that I will be ACCEPTING your map submission this time.
  • Theme: As I said before, your map is most definitely original. We have no maps themed after a Chinese lamp and the only lamp themed map we have is drastically different. Good job on coming up with a new theme!
  • Build: I still have my same thoughts on the build, it's pretty decent. You've portrayed your theme accurately through proper detailing and shaping. It looks like what you were going for and that's what matters. It should be mentioned that I still think there's always room to refine the build, be it by making the spheres more distinct from each other or utilizing the interior in a better fashion. Yet, it isn't major enough to merit a rejection in the slightest.
  • Parkour: In your last submission, I mentioned that the parkour was the main reason for the rejection. The main problem being that it was too difficult. After doing the parkour on this map a couple of times, I definitely think you've nerfed it enough. I only changed one jump (stair to cake) and added a checkpoint since the 4th cp to 5th cp gap was pretty lengthy. And, of course, the parkour was pretty varied and enjoyable. I did also have to add some barriers, though! Thanks for listening to my advice!
I hope to see many more map submissions from you two in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.