Username: Miner_Crush

Map Name: Colorless

Photos:
2020-08-23_19.12.14.png
2020-08-23_19.12.25.png
2020-08-23_19.12.42.png
2020-08-23_19.12.58.png
2020-08-23_19.13.13.png

Plot number: -12 : -77 ( alternate command: /plot teleport Miner_Crush )

Difficulty: Medium

Yorden_0

VIP
Yorden_0
Yorden_0
VIP
Ratings
Unfortunately, this map has no main build and is likely to be rejected due to the messiness created by the floating blocks, although the theme is consistent throughout. You might also want to check the Maps list as there is already a map that features only black and white blocks.

The jumps were inconsistent in difficulty and at times were a bit random. I like your use of a blip up, although it seems forced and unnecessary. I also liked your use of a piston and trapdoors to create an interesting timing challenge, although I was not able to try this for myself.

There were some jumps that definitely did not fit the difficulty, for example, your double neo 5bm and even more so the double neo +0.5 with trapdoor blocking and 1bm. The double neo is much more suited to hard difficulty or harder, whilst your last jump is verging on the edge of insane difficulty. There were also some jumps that were far too easy, particularly the frequent 1 +1s and 2 block jumps throughout the map. In addition to this, the jumps were almost entirely from one full block to another, which made it a bit repetitive. Try adding in some more block types with different sizes, not just daylight sensors, but brewing stands, enchanting tables. etc.

There was also a skip that I noticed; you can jump straight to the trapdoors without hitting the button if you use momentum from the block before. Also, your ending uses the wrong colour of wool and is missing its pressure plate.

Despite the negatives, this map is of a suitable length for medium difficulty, and features some interesting jumps, like the slime pseudo-neo and the ladder drops.

Happy map making!

Raptide

MVP+
Raptide
Raptide
MVP+
Ratings
Might take a while until we can see Blip Ups and Double Neos in Mediums, lmao
I'm sure if you get a good and original build and attach the parkour to the build, you can get a pretty good and fun to play insane level! Yorden pointed everything else out already

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Miner_Crush,

I will be closing this submission, as it seems you have replaced this submission with something else on your plot. Thanks for submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.