Split

Dedicated Member
MVP
Split_back
Split_back
MVP
Ratings
71 4
Is there an acceptable response to this?
I honestly can't tell if it's a joke or if he's being serious...
*definitely no sarcasm intended... definitely*

IronPolarBears\

MVP+
ConcertBflat
ConcertBflat
MVP+
Ratings
46 13
Congrats.

Kingaroo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Kingaroo
Kingaroo
ELITE
Ratings
171 4
Not sure if this for real but, CONGRATS! :D

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
I'm gonna make my opinion clear on these posts. I truly believe that for someone struggling with their sexuality, it is a huge relief to be able to come forward with how they truly perceive themselves. With that being said, I show huge respect to the people that do so.

Should this be a joke, like many others as of late, I would feel horrible knowing that I am mocking an action that takes a tremendous amount of courage to produce, especially in a world where homophobia is as - if not more - prevalent than racism.

If this is not a joke, which I would be incredibly surprised by, I'd advise that something so important not be limited by two words. You make the concept of coming out seem meaningless. Sure, this may be funny, but posts like these are getting old... and are very quickly becoming agitating.

Manyrain

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
262 19
I'm sorry to be rude, but everyone saying congrats it being a bit... sexist? There shouldn't be a reward for being gay, f you want to treat them evenly as straight people.
That isn't a very.. smart response in my opinion. For one, why would that be sexist? Secondly, they are saying congrats as a welcome to congratulate them, seriously or jokingly, for coming to terms with their sexual orientation as that is hard for a lot of people to be able to come out to a community.

TeamTyler

Dedicated Member
Ratings
92 3
I'm gonna make my opinion clear on these posts. I truly believe that for someone struggling with their sexuality, it is a huge relief to be able to come forward with how they truly perceive themselves. With that being said, I show huge respect to the people that do so.

Should this be a joke, like many others as of late, I would feel horrible knowing that I am mocking an action that takes a tremendous amount of courage to produce, especially in a world where homophobia is as - if not more - prevalent than racism.

If this is not a joke, which I would be incredibly surprised by, I'd advise that something so important not be limited by two words. You make the concept of coming out seem meaningless. Sure, this may be funny, but posts like these are getting old... and are very quickly becoming agitating.
That isn't a very.. smart response in my opinion. For one, why would that be sexist? Secondly, they are saying congrats as a welcome to congratulate them, seriously or jokingly, for coming to terms with their sexual orientation as that is hard for a lot of people to be able to come out to a community.
Not sure if this for real but, CONGRATS! :D
Is there an acceptable response to this?
I honestly can't tell if it's a joke or if he's being serious...
*definitely no sarcasm intended... definitely*
Guys I'm being serious. I know I could have made a more detailed thread and that and besides I was too tired when I wrote the post. I wasn't trying to be funny and sorry that this was a shit thread.

Ratings
Yeah, is see that i should have been a bit more thoughtful abut my wording on that one.

Last edited: