Rejected Contemplation - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garby721

Gqrby
Gqrby
Ratings
1 1
It was my intection to build this map using floating blocks and pixel arts. This because I personally think that there aren't too many maps with this type of build and because is already decorated by using pixel arts. There aren't too many colours because I wanted to create a black and white map, with not too many details.

Ratings
I really like the b&w aesthetic but I feel like the gameplay is pretty lacking :/
And the pixel art with floating blocks isnt very original there are tons and tons of courses that looks so similar to this
the pixel art is nice but not amazing
And there is so much floating pk whereas it is generally regarded that pk that is actually attached to the main build(s) instead of just floating in the void, it encourages you to really incorporate the pk which is the main flaw in your course for me. The pk just feels very disconnected and almost as if the pixel art is just decoration.

ill give it a 5/10

Garby721

Gqrby
Gqrby
Ratings
1 1
I really like the b&w aesthetic but I feel like the gameplay is pretty lacking :/
And the pixel art with floating blocks isnt very original there are tons and tons of courses that looks so similar to this
the pixel art is nice but not amazing
And there is so much floating pk whereas it is generally regarded that pk that is actually attached to the main build(s) instead of just floating in the void, it encourages you to really incorporate the pk which is the main flaw in your course for me. The pk just feels very disconnected and almost as if the pixel art is just decoration.

ill give it a 5/10
It's ok, this is my first map, I didn't expect to make the best map ever, so I will try to improve suing ur tips. Tysm :D

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, your map submission is being REJECTED. Here is my input:

Theme: We do not have any yin/yang themed maps (we have some Oriental-themed maps like Zen, ZenGardens, Oriental) but this is different enough from those to be acceptable - nice job on choosing an original theme!
Build: The build was too much of pixel art to be acceptable on Manacube - try to make your builds 3D and well-detailed for future reference, as it allows you to incorporate the parkour into it instead of being so floaty and looking messy. It was definitely accurate to your theme, so nice job on not making it look terrible.
Parkour: The parkour was quite repetitive - try to use a wide variety of blocks (i.e. anvils, heads, ice, soul sand, flower pots, lily pads, water, etc.) to make your parkour more fun and interesting to play. The parkour was the proper length of an expert map, but it was also too easy - make sure your map is up to the standards of an expert map.

I'd love to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.