Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: xInitial
Map name: Countryside
Plot :/warp xInitial 1 or -103,-74
Difficulty:Insane
Number of jumps:180+(I didn't count)
Helpers: NevCrow (for some parkour layout design)
NOTE:I used single pane block, but only for decoration.
I think it's too long xd

photos↓
1595711552096.png
1595711744022.png
2020-07-26 052001.png
2020-07-26 051724.png

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
This map is very flat which makes the overall look of it strange. Ideally it should be curvy and varied in height and shape. Additionally, its clear that you used worldedit to create much of the detail for the grass and cliffs, which shouldn't be used alone for the main build. I will say though, you did make the cave look cool. I don't think this map can be accepted with this build, unfortunately, but if you do re-make it, I suggest removing the box surrounding the build, work on a lot of the terraining, do more to make this represent a countryside, and get rid of most of the floating parkour.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
This map would be great if manacube added a rankup parkour, but unfortunately this isnt the case. This is really well made imo, but unfortunately it's just not what the judges want. They hate floating parkour, nature themes, and also require you to add checkpoints. You can still add l/d using landmines tho, but don't overuse them.

You can create a finish by adding a stone pressure plate on an orange wool, and to create a landmine you add a stone pressure plate on a green wool. (that makes you '""complete""" the map but only rewards you as much as an easy difficulty map).

I think this map is indeed really well made, but unfortunately I can't say this has a high chance of being accepted on this server due to the nature of this map not really suiting the servers maps.

And also please remove headhitters in sky, that stuff is jumpcraft level cancer.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello xInitial,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is not original, since we already have many nature and cave themed maps already on ManaCube. Next time, check the Parkour List to make sure you have an original theme before you start building!

The build, as stated above, is very boxy. It reminds me a bit of if a chunk didn't load , where you can see the cliff side and inside of the caves, etc., which is an interesting concept, but has been done before with maps like Quarry. I also agree with the statements above about the caves looking great! I think there are lots of details in there that made that part of the build stand out for me. The build overall isn't textured very well, it's very clear that you used WorldEdit and randomized the texture of the stone especially. The lime clay wall around the outside is very unnecessary, and I think the map itself actually starts too low (a simple fix would be to get rid of the wall and just raise the rest of the build up).

The parkour is interesting actually, I agree with above statements about the map being more suitable for a rankup style parkour server, since a lot of the parkour is floating (especially in the first section) and easy to follow. ManaCube parkour standards prefer the parkour to be attached, on, or inside of the main build, which you have done in some places. I think the parkour fits the insane difficulty well, but it is very long. I would reduce the number of jumps even though insane maps technically don't have a cap, as the pace of the map seemed to drag on for awhile! The build would need major tweaking despite the parkour being pretty good, as the theme is very unoriginal for this map to be accepted, unfortunately.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. I can see you have an understanding of how to make parkour, and would love to see you submit more maps in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.