-Cashisgr8, HopperJZ, so6p
-CowboyBebop
1605227044553.png

1605227063619.png

1605227085442.png

/plot v Cashisgr8 5

72 Jumps, 5 Checkpoints

-difficulty is debatable, it can be made easier if it's too hard for hard
-resubmission from like 5 months ago; tried to add some different blocks & rebuilt parkour, all while trying to be as accurate as possible

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Cashisgr8, HopperJZ and so6p!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that my opinion doesn't affect the map judging results, since I am not a map judge, I'm only trying to give advice that I believe would help improve the chance of your map being accepted. You don't have to do any changes to the map that I might suggest you to do!

Manacube Parkour maps have three main criteria, which I will review of your map in this post.

Firstly the THEME of your map. As far as I am aware, there are no maps currently accepted that are related to this character. In fact I'm not sure where it's from. So I believe your map submission is definitely original! Good work!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I'm not the best builder myself, but I believe you did a great work on the build. After looking at a reference picture in the internet, I think your build is accurate to the character you guys were going for. The only parts that look a little weird to me are the hands, but other than that it's a nice build! Good job!

And lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Most importantly I thought it was pretty fun to play. You added jumps that were distinctive from each other and the map wasn't boring in any part for me. The difficulty fits Hard maps for most of the map, with some tricky jumps in the mix, which I personally like a lot. You have thought of checkpoint placements, with no part being too long or too short compared to another part. The parkour was also well thought of, most of the jump and block choices were good, and fit the map's aesthetic. My personal summary would be that you guys have made a great, enjoyable map that fits the server's guidelines. Well done!

I would only nerf this jump, the others were fine for a Hard map in my opinion (With some of them being quite pushing though!)
2020-11-13_12.34.04.png

It's a +1 from me. Once more, remember! My opinion shouldn't be taken as a "fact". If the map judges disagree with me, they will go by their own thoughts!

Good luck! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Cashisgr8, HopperJZ, so6p,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. It has been judged by me and is currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11

I've placed this map on REVIEWING due to the parkour.
  • Theme: As we have no maps themed after Cowboy Bebop's Spike, this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Fantastic job on picking out something unique!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is really good. Even though it's simple, it really stands out and screams Spike to me. It's not half-assed but really does look like effort went into it. The shaping and detailing was superb, good job!
  • Parkour: The parkour is the main reason for this map being put into review. It's facing the wrong way (Z facing instead of X), felt confusing and messy, and was pretty difficult (parkour jumps AND checkpoint placement were unforgiving at times). Basically, if you guys can address these issues (and the slime being too low) then it'd be ready to be accepted. I'll be waiting! Don't hesitate to alert me as soon as possible either on here, in-game, or on discord (Pat#8000).
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11

Your map has now been ACCEPTED thanks to the changes you guys made. I only had to further edit some signs, mark barriers, and tweak some jumps here and there. Well done!

I hope to see many more map submissions from all of you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.