Cubits.

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
Most if not all of us can agree that cubits is used in the majority of transactions of mana and items between players. Whether its converting mana to cubits to buy things from the shop, or from cubits to mana to buy things from the Auction House. We all know that 1 cubit = 1 USD, and the general conversion from mana to cubit is 0.01 cubit per 1,000 mana. So lets say that a player were to buy a seller minion, it should be worth $12 USD, which is 12 cubits which is equal to 1,200,000 mana. HOWEVER, many players are selling minions, infinity chests; things that are near similar value, for around 400,000-800,000 mana. The value is lost and is greatly depreciated. So instead of a player saving up 12 cubits (1,200,000) mana to buy a minion, that player would only have to save up for half the mana, which is roughly around 6 cubits/ $6. This means that manacube will lose money for the Olympus shop income. To summarize, players are abusing the value of items in the shop and are selling them for much less than they bought it for. This is leading to a depreciation in shop value. My solution to this is to some how implement a restriction or limit the trading of items that can be found in the store. Even though there are a few flaws to this solution, I just wanted to bring it to notice and keep staff aware of this occurrence.

Jelly

Dedicated Member
PATRON
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
Patron
Ratings
110 1
Helloo I can see what you mean but buying minions/inf chests on the store isn’t the only way to get them. Players can also get them from crate keys which is at a much lower price than the actual store price. This is probably why they are sold at a much cheaper price.

Also, the demand for Infinity chests and minions (particularly the seller minion) isn’t that high. When the demand isn’t high, players would want to sell it cheap so they can get rid of it quickly if they have no use for it.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
To summarize, players are abusing the value of items in the shop and are selling them for much less than they bought it for.
If a player purchases an item on the store, it’s theirs to do what they wish with. Dacon will still get the money for the item, and the player will receive the item they paid for - after that, it’s theirs and they can do whatever they wish.

If they want to use it, they can. If they want to give it away, they’re more than welcome to. Dacon isn’t losing money at all - the item still has to be bought.

Restricting players from trading is both unfair, and would also be impossible to enforce - especially because we encourage it with /ah, chest shops, and /trade.

Players trading cubits as well, makes the server better too - because they have to vote to get the cubits to sell, so if they vote daily and sell off the cubits, they’re happy, the server’s happy, and the player who bought the cubits are happy - everyone wins!

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Whenever I see the notification from [Olympus] that says that someone bought an infinity chest or minion, everyone in the chat starts bashing on them saying things like "why tf would u do that" or "dude never buy from the store u can just get it for cheap from someone else". What goes through my head is that mana cube will lose money this way. I understand that players can get them from crate keys but its a rare occurrence and I wouldn't consider it a contributing factor to where players get infinity chests and minions.

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
If a player purchases an item on the store, it’s theirs to do what they wish with. Dacon will still get the money for the item, and the player will receive the item they paid for - after that, it’s theirs and they can do whatever they wish.

If they want to use it, they can. If they want to give it away, they’re more than welcome to. Dacon isn’t losing money at all - the item still has to be bought.

Restricting players from trading is both unfair, and would also be impossible to enforce - especially because we encourage it with /ah, chest shops, and /trade.

Players trading cubits as well, makes the server better too - because they have to vote to get the cubits to sell, so if they vote daily and sell off the cubits, they’re happy, the server’s happy, and the player who bought the cubits are happy - everyone wins!
After giving it some thought, I've came to agree with your opinion. My initial reaction to seeing infinity chests and minions sold for cheaper was that the value would continue to depreciate and soon enough no one will either bother to buy them from the manacube store. However, it does make players happy and it also looks good for the server.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
After giving it some thought, I've came to agree with your opinion. My initial reaction to seeing infinity chests and minions sold for cheaper was that the value would continue to depreciate and soon enough no one will either bother to buy them from the manacube store. However, it does make players happy and it also looks good for the server.
Yup, and something to consider it also helps make it easier for newer players to be able to afford the items.