Rejected Cute Umbreon PK by Wafflethecat [Hard]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
*IMPORTANT* Due to the roll back of the forums, I am re submitting this.

Okay, so I made a cute umbreon pixel art, and decided to put parkour on it. Simple!

Jumps - 48
Checkpoints - 4
Location - ./plot visit Wafflethecat 3 or ./warp cutejolteonpk (the warp name is wrong, as this is clearly umbreon xD)
Rank - Hard

*NOTE* The thing below it is my pk training area. Just ignore that.

Attachments

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Hello, My name is Tenshi and I am here to give you some tips about your parkour map.
Firstly, Theme.
This map seems to have an unclear theme, and Im here to help you understand that. A pixel art like this, Is
not something we are looking for on parkour. But this parkour works with shading and block placing really well, and this parkour is worthy of being on the parkour server.
Extra Tips- When building a parkour, Keep this in mind. Color and planning will always help you.
Take a look at this design for example.

The reason this looks beautiful is because of the design and blueprinting that went into it. For example, The sandstone and water blocks give off the feel of an Oasis, And the dim and bright colors blend well with each other. Knowing how and what colors and blocks work well together, will help you always.

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.
( I have no comments here, Refer to my Theme comment )

Thank you for taking time to create a map, Ill let @Nixi and @Pud96 give you some advice.
Best Regards,
Tenshi.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly, your map has been rejected.

Reasons for this include:

The map does not present a variety that is needed when creating pixel art parkour. It seems like you created the art and then just placed a few extra blocks and ladders onto the build.

Unless your pixel art parkour has a variety of unique jumps, and or, a stellar design, there is little chance of it being accepted.

You did understand the concept of difficulty in your course, which is good, and the theme is clear, however it does not appeal to the general mass.

Please remember, you can always submit new courses in the future,

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.