Rejected Dalek (Expert) (Edited Interior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The build and theme are great. Parkour looks good too although the inside is a little empty. In future maps you should consider balancing your parkour so that no areas of the build are totally neglected. Good luck!

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Pretty nice looking map. I quite liked the aesthetic for some reason. I've found a few small skips that you'd probably want to patch.
Blue = Intended path
Red = skip
1593486455855.png

1593486538106.png
1593486479969.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Lucy,

I will be putting this map into REVIEWING. I've already spoken to you in game about this, but to be clear, this means that there are aspects of your map that are really great! But, there are elements that have a lot of room for improvement before it can be accepted fully. You will have until August 2nd, 2020 to work on these changes before the map is automatically rejected.

In this case, the main build is really phenomenal. I love Doctor Who,and Daleks are my favorite villain from the series (as you know), so I am really excited about the main structure of this build. It's accurate, detailed, and the effort you put in to build it is clear. It's HUGE, which I think you could really take advantage of with the parkour. Personally I would've liked a more realistic interior with the weird, squidlike Dalek being on the inside, but the way you have decorated it is nice too. The first part of the map is very strange to me, because it doesn't utilize any of the awesome space you've created! I think removing this beginning section and going straight into the Dalek after a few jumps from the spawn point would be beneficial and keep the build neat, and the focus entirely on the awesome build you made. The strange stone gray part is very confusing and has a lot of skips and exploits.

The parkour is the main issue and a lot of the course will need to be changed. The difficulty is more annoying than expert level for the most part, because a majority of the jumps are corner jumps which get very repetitive very quickly. It has more of an artificial difficulty throughout because of this. The mirrored interior is also something that will have to be changed, I think you may have counted the mirrored jumps as double so the course feels very short for an expert. I think the course would benefit from simply spiraling up to the top of the Dalek, weaving in and out of the build. We can talk through some ideas if you would like me to help you work on this :)

tl;dr: Keep the main focus on the Dalek by having it be the one and only structure and utilizing more of the build. Modify the parkour to fit the expert difficulty and be less annoying, with a more clear path for the parkour. Removing mirrored end section from the course as it's easy to skip jumps.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions or need help with these changes, please message me in-game or on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi again Lucy,

We talked very recently about this map, so I will be rejecting now before the deadline as we talked about privately. Again, if you work on this map again in the future, please resubmit it with the changes discussed in the reviewing post! Feel better soon, and I hope to see more maps from you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.