Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username - Skidooskei
Map name - Der Flohwalzer
Plot - /plot visit Skidooskei
Difficlty - Hard
Jumps - 80-90
Helpers: Icymice2

Here is a map inspired by a scene from one of the Danganronpa games, I have added a little extra detail from what was in it to make it look better for Minecraft. I won't say too much so it doesn't spoil the game for people. The parkour involves climbing up the main pole where the conductor would stand, and then on to a piano where you parkour around that and the clock and gears behind that.

Icymice2 and I have added a wide variety of jumps on this map, hopefully making it more enjoyable than our other maps. This includes: minecart jumps, chest jumps, enchanting tables, slime block jumps, as well as a bit of barrier block parkour (with obvious notation).

Hopefully having a couple of jumps over the limit won't stop this map from being submitted. Thanks for looking at our map!

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Skidooskei,

I am sad to say that this map is being rejected. However, I would love if you could make some changes to the map and resubmit it! The theme is original, there is no Flohwalzer map currently on ManaCube (or an Danganronpa ones if I recall correctly)! Great job on coming up with a new theme!
The build is truly fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing about it as a structure in itself, but there are some things you may end up having to change because of the parkour aspect of the build. There are so many details on this build that it goes to show the great effort you put in. Really awesome build!
The parkour is where the map really falls short for me. I think it is varied and mixed enough, but the parkour is unbalanced difficulty and length wise. I think this build is large enough to support a longer Expert or an Insane map, as proven by the jump count, but I think you really limited yourself by making it a hard map. I think the path is also a bit odd. I got lost in some places despite the signs with arrows you had. There's no harm in adding text or explanations, such as "slime under the wool" or short phrases explaining where to go!
The path also made the map exploitable in places, even though I see you tried to barrier some things off: here's an example of this. The map is also made easier in spots because of the sheer amount of trap doors. This is something I struggle with too, having to sacrifice some perfect details for the sake of the parkour. I think you may have to do that in some spots on this build.
Overall, I think you will have to rework the parkour quite a bit to 1) make a clearer and less exploitable path and 2) clean up the difficulty level so it is more consistent with the length, whatever you choose!

Thank you for submitting this map! Again, I would love to see you make changes and resubmit in the future. I think you're on the right track, the parkour was fun in some spots, especially with the way you integrated the slimes. If you have any questions or want help with revising the parkour, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.