Disable Voting when we get enough votes?

Do you think /vote should be shut down when we hit a huge goal?

• What would the goal be?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. That sounds stupid.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Screflex

VIP+
Ratings
47 18
I was on creative the other day and chat sort of went crazy, I couldnt have the time to take a screen shot but I saw a wicked ammount of people vote and once. They weren't even real people, They were just letters like: E93Jec, 83Hfss21 and 43heEdC. It kept going and ended up crashing the server. The Person who did It owned up to what he did, And they never did it again. Then I went to thoughts that maybe they should just disable voting once we hit a REALLY big goal. The goal wouldn't happen until a while, But still.

Dominator813

Dedicated Member
VIP+
JakIllNeverLetGo
JakIllNeverLetGo
VIP+
Ratings
133 4
I don't think there should be a vote limit because it helps the server as well as the players. But I do agree that the vote spam in chat does get kind of annoying.

Zudox

Donator
Ratings
I agree with Dominator. There should be no goal, but damn the spam sucks...

Johniee

Dedicated Member
Ratings
171 5
Hello, I understand it may annoy you when you have done your voting for the day. Honestly though even if Dacon wanted that to be a thing there is no actual way to stop it from happening. Because that is the notification that is auto-broadcasting that message and them type of plugins (That I have seen and used) do not have an option to disable itself for individuals after a certain mark has been made like for your example when you have voted for the day.

And like was said above. Why should voting be disabled after a goal? Voting is what gets the server known globally. I know there is another ways it is done. But voting is the most common way servers are found.

Split

Dedicated Member
MVP
Split_back
Split_back
MVP
Ratings
71 4
Voting is one of a couple ways servers are able to grow. My friend, in-fact, who informed me about this server was just looking through highly-voted Minecraft servers. He then, a few days later, told me about it. Stopping it would stop a steady flow of people that find servers through voting websites. Anyways, it wasn't a terrible idea and there is an upside. However, vote spammers do not come extremely often and there aren't enough of them to completely stop voting.

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Voting is one of a couple ways servers are able to grow. My friend, in-fact, who informed me about this server was just looking through highly-voted Minecraft servers. He then, a few days later, told me about it. Stopping it would stop a steady flow of people that find servers through voting websites. Anyways, it wasn't a good idea and there is an upside. However, vote spammers are great and do not come extremely often and there aren't enough of them to completely stop voting.
I'm not saying the server shouldn't grow, but it will really suck when it gets overrated, and with many players. like if you have like 6000 players on, like picture creative. There would be like 400 players on. T_T But I agree with you :)

Split

Dedicated Member
MVP
Split_back
Split_back
MVP
Ratings
71 4
I'm not saying the server shouldn't grow, but it will really suck when it gets overrated, and with many players. like if you have like 6000 players on, like picture creative. There would be like 400 players on. T_T But I agree with you :)
At the point of 6000 players, yeah, voting would be rendered essentially useless. However, Minecraft is slowly declining, and servers like this one probably won't even reach 1000. No hate Manacube, I really hope you grow, but I highly doubt it. Even bigger servers like Hypixel and Mineplex are slowly dying.

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Rip minecraft 2007? IDK lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1490923354][/DOUBLEPOST]did it start in 2007 or lel

Ratings
At the point of 6000 players, yeah, voting would be rendered essentially useless. However, Minecraft is slowly declining, and servers like this one probably won't even reach 1000. No hate Manacube, I really hope you grow, but I highly doubt it. Even bigger servers like Hypixel and Mineplex are slowly dying.
I mean, if ManaCube doesn't grow in size, it's gonna shrink. If it shrinks, Dacon's not gonna have enough moolah to keep the server up and running. Long story short, if the server doesn't gain publicity, buh-bye.