Rejected Dr Jekyll and MrHyde (easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
very nice, I really like the theme and build. however, some of the jumps are a bit harder and I'd recommend you make it a little longer and generally more difficult to fit into the medium category where I think it would be better suited. overall though, great work!

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
I’m having flashbacks to my English exams... All human beings, as we meet them, are commingled out of good and evil :oops:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CloudyZ,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have no maps themed after the book "Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde", this is most certainly an original submission.
  • Build: I'm not really a fan of the build. I'd like to preface this by saying that since our ideas of what Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde look like vary, I'm not gonna judge your interpretation. You think they look like that and that's fine. But, I will critique how well you executed that vision. In my opinion, you didn't execute it well. It's a very uninventive and unattractive build as it's just a sphere with two minimally detailed differing faces. The combination just doesn't look right. It's definitely due to the block choices and limited space. Furthermore, the attractiveness is only further hindered by the floating parkour. It just surrounds the build, never touching it. There's no integration at all. You need to address these issues.
  • Parkour: If we are to not count sliding along ladders as jumps, your parkour barely fits the easy difficulty's jump range. You should really use some more jumps instead of that type of parkour. It was easy enough, though. The other problem with the parkour was how identical it was. For example, you had an all anvil segment followed by an all ladder segments and these accounted for over half of your jumps. It was just not enjoyable to do. You have to be more creative when making parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.