Rejected Dream Head - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Username: Kurnis
  • Map name: Dream Head
  • The # of your Plot: -133;38
  • Difficulty: Expert (based on number of jumps) Please let me know if you think it is easier
  • Number of jumps : 86

This is my first map submission. Please let me know if I missed anything. Thank you!

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hii I'm not a map judge so this is just my opinion ><

Unfortunately this theme is unoriginal as we already have a dream map.
With regards to the build, this sadly is an issue. Your build is considered 3D pixel art which is not allowed. Alongside this, most of the parkour is floating which makes the map messy. Try having a main build/island so that you can path your parkour around it.
With regards to the parkour, it is very inconsistent throughout. For example, you have triple neos which belong on an insane map. You also need to be mindful of checkpoint placement! In addition, your parkour is lacking variance, the only jumps you have are: normal jumps, neos, fences and ladders. Try adding more variance such as panes, heads, brewing stands, flower pots, water etc to make the parkour less repetitive and more enjoyable
I hope this helps!

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Dream maps should be an instant accept
Hii I'm not a map judge so this is just my opinion ><

Unfortunately this theme is unoriginal as we already have a dream map.
With regards to the build, this sadly is an issue. Your build is considered 3D pixel art which is not allowed. Alongside this, most of the parkour is floating which makes the map messy. Try having a main build/island so that you can path your parkour around it.
With regards to the parkour, it is very inconsistent throughout. For example, you have triple neos which belong on an insane map. You also need to be mindful of checkpoint placement! In addition, your parkour is lacking variance, the only jumps you have are: normal jumps, neos, fences and ladders. Try adding more variance such as panes, heads, brewing stands, flower pots, water etc to make the parkour less repetitive and more enjoyable
I hope this helps!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Kurnis,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a Dream related map (Dream.) Before creating maps, please check to make sure that the map has not already been done before by either checking the parkour list here, or check our accepted maps subforum for maps accepted since February (https://manacube.com/forums/parkour-accepted/)
The build is a concern because as mentioned above, it appears to be 3D pixel art which is typically no longer accepted. Try having more shape into your build, as well as more detail. For an expert map, a decent sized build is recommended.
The parkour is repetitive throughout, so please be sure to use other types of jumps throughout your entire map. A main concern with your parkour is that it is floating nearly entirely throughout (meaning it is unattached to your build) which makes it look messy. The difficulty is inconsistent; some spots are pretty simple and some are very challenging; you want the parkour to flow nicely and maintain expert difficulty throughout.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.