ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
So, what do you get from making maps? More plots and a mapper title. Thats nice. But why wouldnt you get some mana by making maps? Idk like 100 mana for an easy map, 250 for medium, 375 for hard, 500 for expert and 1000 for insane!
I dont know, it seems like a good feature to me :)

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
That sounds like a great idea! You could put your suggestion here and see if it gets approved and implemented into manacube one day :>
https://suggestions.manacube.com/

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
A lot of people have tried to suggest various versions of mana gain in the past through making maps. Personally, I am against this.
I think that the Mapper rank (which gives VIP perks on Parkour + the plots) is quite the incentive for people (especially without ranks) to make maps on ManaCube. There's also incentive to create an original theme and stunning build through Map making with the Featured Maps update, which brought the Featured tag, monthly voting, and 500 Mana to the winner as a repeated reward if they already have the tag. I think that's the extent I see for mana gain from map making. Ultimately, this is a parkour server--I think it defeats the purpose if you can rank up from making maps over doing parkour.
If I received mana from my 30 maps accepted, I would have received:
9 Easy Maps: 900 Mana
7 Medium Maps: 1750 Mana
6 Hard Maps: 2250 Mana
4 Expert Maps: 2000 Mana
4 Insane Maps: 4000 Mana
For a total of 10,900 Mana. That's quite a bit-- to be fair, there aren't many mappers with as many maps as I have :oops: but Shinx and Presidenten (to name two of the high map count mappers) have over or almost double the maps I have (and I would guess they have made more high difficulty maps, resulting in more mana). That's quite a bit! I believe that amount of mana could pretty easily put me at the Pro rank if I wasn't parkouring at all, and only making maps.
I also think it's easy to forget that there's some unintentional community prestige that comes with gaining the mapper rank-- I know that once I got that tag, people noticed me more, it was much easier to get my maps tested, and I was able to collaborate with other mappers more frequently. When parkour chat moves really fast, I know that it's difficult sometimes to see what's happening...and that purple tag really POPS OUT.
I think more perks should come with gaining the Mapper+ rank which can hopefully be added at some point :) but that's for another time and place for me to explain.

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
I feel like if the mapper earns mana thing was a thing it should be more mana for all the difficultys since its pretty hard now to get a map accepted due to all the submissions

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I’m not a mapper myself but I do think the role of mappers is really important because those are the people that basically “update” parkour and keeps it fresh with new maps. Maybe an idea instead of giving mana for maps is creating an entirely different currency for just map creation. Keeping mana and this other currency separate could be good because it still maintains the semi competitive nature that comes with parkour ranks (semi competitive cause you can just buy mana lol)
The currency could get you to be able purchase mapper exclusive things such as the mapper+ tag or buying the art map perk or something. Just a thought idk.
I do think mappers do so much for the manacube parkour community and they should be rewarded for the work they do. God knows what the server would be without them.

ColinDied

Ratings
29 1
I like the suggestion, but I feel like the builders put a lot of time and effort on their maps and are probably very pleased with their creations, so they could receive things of their choice, such as another tag, or a choice of being on a new building team. There could also be a new currency for builders in the map maker world so they could pay the owner of the plot to help out with maps. They would use this currency so they could be trusted by the owner. The map makers should be awarded for their work, but I just think it should be something other than mana. :D

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
A lot of people have tried to suggest various versions of mana gain in the past through making maps. Personally, I am against this.
I think that the Mapper rank (which gives VIP perks on Parkour + the plots) is quite the incentive for people (especially without ranks) to make maps on ManaCube. There's also incentive to create an original theme and stunning build through Map making with the Featured Maps update, which brought the Featured tag, monthly voting, and 500 Mana to the winner as a repeated reward if they already have the tag. I think that's the extent I see for mana gain from map making. Ultimately, this is a parkour server--I think it defeats the purpose if you can rank up from making maps over doing parkour.
If I received mana from my 30 maps accepted, I would have received:
9 Easy Maps: 900 Mana
7 Medium Maps: 1750 Mana
6 Hard Maps: 2250 Mana
4 Expert Maps: 2000 Mana
4 Insane Maps: 4000 Mana
For a total of 10,900 Mana. That's quite a bit-- to be fair, there aren't many mappers with as many maps as I have :oops: but Shinx and Presidenten (to name two of the high map count mappers) have over or almost double the maps I have (and I would guess they have made more high difficulty maps, resulting in more mana). That's quite a bit! I believe that amount of mana could pretty easily put me at the Pro rank if I wasn't parkouring at all, and only making maps.
I also think it's easy to forget that there's some unintentional community prestige that comes with gaining the mapper rank-- I know that once I got that tag, people noticed me more, it was much easier to get my maps tested, and I was able to collaborate with other mappers more frequently. When parkour chat moves really fast, I know that it's difficult sometimes to see what's happening...and that purple tag really POPS OUT.
I think more perks should come with gaining the Mapper+ rank which can hopefully be added at some point :) but that's for another time and place for me to explain.
Well yes but how much time do you play on manacube? You joined in december 2019 that means you worked on your maps for like 9 months! If you ask me, mappers should deserve some mana every map made, because afterall you need to put some time and effort in build and pk. You didnt make all of your maps in a week right?

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
oui

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Well yes but how much time do you play on manacube? You joined in december 2019 that means you worked on your maps for like 9 months! If you ask me, mappers should deserve some mana every map made, because afterall you need to put some time and effort in build and pk. You didnt make all of your maps in a week right?
Quinny, just like every other Mapper on the server, does not need or want a monetary reward for building on the server she loves. We make maps because we like to build, we like to innovate, and we like to improve the server we dedicate time to. This subject has been brought up on the Manacube Mapper Association discord server multiple times and we have always collectively agreed that no reward is necessary other than knowing the map will be on the server (Mapper+ would be nice though)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Tas really said it best, but I suppose I should respond myself. Personally, I don’t desire any additional mana gain from making maps...for logical reasons I already discussed, along with the idea that I get a lot of entertainment and enjoyment out of building. I appreciate that my work can have a practical use and be enjoyed by others. It works out very well, because I can both be innovative and have fun doing something I enjoy, while also improving my favorite server and providing for its community. Those are things I care about—mana isn’t really a big deal for the people who prefer to build and make maps, since they spend a great deal of their time doing that instead of parkouring for the most part. Anything I would spend mana on wouldn’t benefit (and in some cases like trails and auras, actually would hinder) my ability to create, so it isn’t really a “proper reward” for me and others in the Mapper Association especially.
Mapper+ is probably the closest thing to an incentive that current established mappers want, which has been discussed many places outside of this thread, so I won’t get into detail on that!