Rejected eighth isle - medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
username: Hermanman2552. plot id: -102;-46 AC6BCA00-0622-49A8-9D6C-083EFA21E94F.png C1F3F2E2-E9C3-4274-916C-BBF67D280447.png there are many more biomes with their islands to represent them i just can't take the pics for some reason, please give it a try. thx

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Hermanman2552,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of floating island/biome-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: The build is not very good as it's incredibly unoriginal and unattractive. You just built a bunch of floating islands of differing biomes. This doesn't take a lot of effort and often turns out to be poorly executed, this being the case sadly. We've seen these a bunch of times and already have a lot added. This one just doesn't add anything new to the table due, so it isn't at acceptable conditions.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length and difficulty fit the medium difficulty, I didn't find any issues regarding that. But, I did not find the parkour to be enjoyable. You used a lot of the same jumps either consecutively or throughout the map. An example of these being ladders and vines. But there were others as well. I don't think you used blocks that weren't those two, dirt, and leaves. Don't be afraid to experiment, try a bunch of different jumps/blocks, and see what works best. Be creative so that your parkour is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.