Rejected Elemental Towers-hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: MasterAttack
Map Name: The Elemental Towers
Photos: Btw I have more photos in more detail if you request them View attachment 30591
2020-06-28_21.48.28.png
View attachment 30592 View attachment 30593 View attachment 30594 View attachment 30595 View attachment 30596 View attachment 30597 View attachment 30598 View attachment 30599
The warp is /plot v Masterattack
My guess is the difficulty is around hard if you don't think so look at the Sixth picture it has a 5 block jump that is possible but extremely difficult it also has over 120 jumps
Info about me this is a project that by myself took a couple hours to make and this is my first map ever making that isn't on ps3
so thx for reviewing when you do I am aware of some problems like how elements and towers are overused but I tried to make something different by mixing the 2 together

Attachments

Last edited:

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion. I mean I guess it looks like Elemental Towers but it's sadly pretty basic from the outside.

Parkour theme/detail: For the parkour theme, I'm not exactly sure what you went for, assuming from my view a different biome type theme, unfortunately, there's already a handful of parkour map submissions that look like this, for the detail you did a decent job for the inside but from the outside, it honestly looks quite messy unfortunately and looks 'out of place' you could say.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty I certainly, I mean for an INSANE map around 120 jumps is probably the maximum, in my opinion, I mean some of the jumps in your parkour could be considered hard but unfortunately your parkour map submission certainly does not look like an INSANE map submission in my opinion for the difficulty level. For the parkour variety sadly your parkour variety is pretty basic, you've got a couple of blocks but the blocks feel like they're kind of in levels/sections and don't really feel natural or mixed in my opinion, nonetheless good luck on your map submission! :D

Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion. I mean I guess it looks like Elemental Towers but it's sadly pretty basic from the outside.

Parkour theme/detail: For the parkour theme, I'm not exactly sure what you went for, assuming from my view a different biome type theme, unfortunately, there's already a handful of parkour map submissions that look like this, for the detail you did a decent job for the inside but from the outside, it honestly looks quite messy unfortunately and looks 'out of place' you could say.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty I certainly, I mean for an INSANE map around 120 jumps is probably the maximum, in my opinion, I mean some of the jumps in your parkour could be considered hard but unfortunately your parkour map submission certainly does not look like an INSANE map submission in my opinion for the difficulty level. For the parkour variety sadly your parkour variety is pretty basic, you've got a couple of blocks but the blocks feel like they're kind of in levels/sections and don't really feel natural or mixed in my opinion, nonetheless good luck on your map submission! :D
thx for the feedback I tried to edit the map to fit all the points you made again thx

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey MasterAttack,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of element/tower/biome-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: I'm really not a fan of the build. It's poorly built floating towers with some floating parkour in between them. It's just very uninspired and unattractive. When building your map, you want to focus on your theme and make it the center of the build. I didn't see that here. It was just all over the place, so it didn't come out well. You need to address these issues of lack of focus, detailing, and shaping.
  • Parkour: The parkour was definitely hard enough for the chosen difficulty but it was way way too long for it. We're looking for 60-80 jumps for a hard map, this had the length of an insane without the difficulty of one. I'd recommend cutting the jumps of the parkour in about half really. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be really repetitive to do. It was so monotonous. You'd enter a tower and do the same parkour (ladder, fences, some blocks here and there) then do some floating parkour outside of it to get to the next tower and then rinse and repeat. You need to be more creative when making parkour and not rely on segments and the same blocks/jumps.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.