MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
This started in an argument on discord about best parkour map types. The types of builds were Organics, Landscaping, and Structures (My favorite is structures). I'm interested in seeing what more preferences are so that is what this thread is about. (If there is any map types not here feel free to add them to the group).

Myst

ELITE
nyaea
nyaea
ELITE
Ratings
I also like structures, however each map type listed can be equally beautiful :D

Bootz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
kaama
kaama
ELITE
Ratings
98 5
I'm a fan of all these build types and my favourite changes from time to time, however I would say the overall my favourite is structures. Something has always inspired me building real life things, objects, or even things from TV shows or or other games in minecraft and trying to get them as accurate as I can has always been good fun :D

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
Organics ftw! I think all the best builds on the server are organics. Some organic builds on the server are simply incredible. This may be because most of my map ideas are organics and i think im somewhat better at building them. That being said I can still appreciate a good landscape / structure.

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Structure and landscape totally, they are the best and most fun to explore and parkour on

Organics may look the best but it has never been a good idea to build parkour because 90% of the time it either turns up to be very annoying or making the build messy

And in far last place comes objects, basically a filler theme for those who just want more maps

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
terraforming is very enjoyable in mc. building mountains and lakes and custom trees and shit is the best

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I think landscaping is probably my favorite just because I really like parkour that has a lot of open space. Organics and structures can both do this well (i.e nightwalker or el ateneo) but I think landscaping has the most potential to make use of the open space and making it look very blended (i.e upwardsjourney)

I think a mix of both is also a cool concept too. I can’t think of any maps atm (tired) but I’m sure they exist lol

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Organics can be the best like the worst, I personally love building organics and the best looking maps are mostly organics imo, but most of the worst looking maps are also organics.
Structures is something I hate building but can still looks good. It's a bit like organics but I think there is less great structures maps but also less worse structures maps, compared to organics.
Terraforming and giant objects maps are a bit aside, because they most of the are with organics/structures and when they are alone, they are generally boring. But they can be very good with organics/structures.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
organics imo take alot more skill to build than anything else so they are always more impressive when done right. strucure requires a good understanding of patterns but is often very repitive due to a limited amount of styles given manacubes size limitations. landscape is much better at scale which is not on manacube so it usually works well in harmony with other objects. so in conclusion strucure and landscape have more emphasis on time and patience than skill. i know others will see differently go cry about it.

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
Organics are annoying to build, but definitely my favorite. Especially large-scale, really impressive if you do it right.