Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Map Maker: FireTurtle338
Plot Teleport: /plot teleport FireTurtle338
Map Name: Mushroom Gorge
Jumps: 35
Difficulty: Easy
Theme: Mario Kart Wii (Mushroom Gorge Map)
Version Built In: 1.16.4 OptiFine
Checkpoints: 3
Mushroom Gorge.png

I know this is lacking jumps, and this map looks really small and bad, but I put love into it <3
I also read the document with all the maps the have been built, and I'm PRETTY SURE its original.
Last time I made the mistake of deleting my Coconut Mall map before it even got judged because someone told me it was unoriginal :(
I hope if there is something wrong with this map I can fix it, because I know I spent at least 6 hours on it :,<
-also I have a question. On my last map I had a question, so do I need to send the map judges a friend request on discord do message them or is there a server that I can private message on or something?

Last edited:

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Hey! From what I can see the map is not that small, I am sure you can squeeze a couple more jumps in there! The theme is somewhat original, there are lots of mountain themed maps and this looks quite similar to upwards journey but that is just my opinion there are also lots of Mario kart maps but none on this race so good job. The parkour from what I can see is repetitive try and use things like heads, fences, flower pots, vines and ect. I would recommend looking at some maps in /warp beta to see what I mean about jump variation. Have a lovely day remember I am not a map judge. Bin

Ratings
Hey! From what I can see the map is not that small, I am sure you can squeeze a couple more jumps in there! The theme is somewhat original, there are lots of mountain themed maps and this looks quite similar to upwards journey but that is just my opinion there are also lots of Mario kart maps but none on this race so good job. The parkour from what I can see is repetitive try and use things like heads, fences, flower pots, vines and ect. I would recommend looking at some maps in /warp beta to see what I mean about jump variation. Have a lovely day remember I am not a map judge. Bin
Thanks

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
On my last map I had a question, so do I need to send the map judges a friend request on discord do message them or is there a server that I can private message on or something?
If you're in the Manacube discord, you won't need to send a friend request to moderators to DM them, you can request for them to DM you in a help channel or simply shoot them a DM as you'll be in a mutual server!

Ratings
If you're in the Manacube discord, you won't need to send a friend request to moderators to DM them, you can request for them to DM you in a help channel or simply shoot them a DM as you'll be in a mutual server!
Ok, I haven't joined the discord yet so I didn't know. Thanks though :D

Ratings
Heya fireturtle! Looks awesome! I hope it gets accepted sadly i'm pretty sure my TajMahal map didn't :( But i think your an awesome builder and i need help building some maps so if you think we can do a map together do /fr add eaagatha and i'd love to do one :D
Crossing my fingers that gets accepted

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
Heya fireturtle! Looks awesome! I hope it gets accepted sadly i'm pretty sure my TajMahal map didn't :( But i think your an awesome builder and i need help building some maps so if you think we can do a map together do /fr add eaagatha and i'd love to do one :D
Crossing my fingers that gets accepted
I would love to do a map with u :)

Ratings
We can tots do a map together if its w/ fireturtle its up to them check our private chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AKA conversation UwU
/fr add eaagatha :D

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hi FireTurtle !

Just came to give some advice. For your build, it's very cute but quite simple and I do agree with the above comments as it may be a little unoriginal. To counteract the simplicity - you could add more details to the trees and hills. Maybe if you do want to focus on a video game map, choosing a world that doesn't look like many other maps gives it a higher chance of being accepted (You definitely want to be original in your themes ^-^)

I also do agree with Bin, the map does look like you could fit in a couple of more jumps and do make sure to check out your block variation (There's an awesome post by caseyclosed in the parkour subthread that is amazing to get started with that !). And one last tip, I did notice you built the map in 1.16.4, the recommended version of parkour is 1.8.9 and jumps do change in the versions so that's something to keep in mind. <3

I definitely enjoy the energy you give off, keep going with the builds !
~Ana

Last edited:

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello FireTurtle338,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

The THEME of your map is unoriginal, as we already have maps based around mushroom/mountains (GaintMushroom, MushroomLand, UpwardsJourney). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here to see all the maps accepted on the server!

The BUILD of your map is a problem. The build is very plain with the only details added on the outside front of the build. Try to create more detail around the build making the map attractive both on the inside and out.

The PARKOUR fits the length and difficulty of a easy map, so good job on that! Your parkour is lacking variance, only things that are incorporated are regular jumps and ladders. To add more variance, try adding more jumps with unique blocks like pots, water, heads, vines, etc. Your parkour was also extremely confusing, try adding directional signs for better navigation.

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on discord at Elly#5555
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.