Rejected First parkour map WalletInspector9 (Tree Biomes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Yo yo, WalletInspector!

I'll be giving some input if you don't mind; just a heads up, I am not a map judge, so this is just a personal opinion.

For one, the map is mainly floating and the jump variation is lacking significantly. I would recommend swapping out full blocks for blocks such as flower pots, fence gates, ice blocks, piston heads, cobble walls, cocoa beans and beds. These blocks will allow you to create a more enjoyable map overall. I would also say you're a few jumps over the medium difficulty, as a medium would have 40-60 jumps; however, the difficulty is fine.

In regards to the parkour floating, I would advise you to create a "main build", so find something to build (structures are fairly easy) and get to work! From there, incorporate the parkour within the build and closely surrounding it!
You can find more in regards to block variation here: Block Variation thread

As well, the theme of your map is very overused as there are a lot of tree-themed maps on Manacube; thus, I would recommend a theme change to something unique! Try to be creative and create a map that has not been created yet. You can find a full list of already accepted maps here: Maps list

All in all, a good idea, but it would be even better and more unique if executed differently!
I wish you all the best with your submission.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello WalletInspector9,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme that you used is heavily unoriginal. We already have a ton of tree/islands themed maps here on Manacube. When creating a map, ensure it is a unique theme and clearly distinct from the rest of the maps. You can look at the list of all maps that have been created already here.
In regards to the build, as there is not "main build" and that the build is floating parkour, it is lacking in both detail and depth. I advise you to create a "main build" to then center the parkour within and closely surrounding.
The parkour is an issue; it's mainly floating which is typically no longer accepted. Your map fits the difficulty of a medium, but it is too long as a medium map would consist of 40-60 jumps, try to balance out the difficulty and length to meet this. The blocks used for jumps are unvaried, so try using flower pots, fence gates, piston heads, beds and ice to spice it up and make your map more enjoyable![Jash]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.