Rejected Floating Garden | Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hiya! :)

I've created my map named Floating Garden It's themed with lots flowers,plants and trees and islands floating :mc_37-0::mc_38-0::mc_38-1::mc_38-2:

Teleport to my plot Floating Garden map is /plot visit iFloralyn 1

Map Features: :mc_395-0:
- 2 Checkpoints
- Medium
- 56 Jumps
- 1 Single Neo
- 1 Slime jump
- 1 Head hitter
- Some are 4 block jump,3 block jump and 2 block jump
- Some non full block parkours (Jungle fence parkour and Cobblestone wall parkour,Ladder parkour)
- The islands outside gravel road are covered with barrier to avoid shortcuts

Buildings Features: :mc_2-0:
- Three cherry blossom trees (white,pink and purple)
- Lots many small,big and varied flowers
- Fruit trees,berry bushes and vegetable crops
- Two grapevines and many flower vines
- One birch tree
- Some lanterns
- Gravel road are where you can go to end
- Outer islands with flowers are for decoration to view
- Some clouds around outside island roads

Screenshots: :mc_2259-0:

Whole Map

The entrance with starter first checkpoint

The near second checkpoint

The slime jump to the end

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
While there are already some island-themed parkours already, I think this is a really great build and I wish you the best of luck!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It's really a shame that you chose the theme you did, you obviously have a lot of building skill, the islands are really pretty and well built. Unfortunately, the theme is super unoriginal. There are far too many floating island parkours, and although the build is great there's nothing unique about this map.

However, the parkour also looks good, so maybe all the pros can balance out the one big con. Good luck!

Ratings
I've updated some things

- Added some clouds
- Added two new flower islands
- Added more detailed to gravel road (with cobblestone and stone button to look like 3D)
- Added two potted flowers at entrance

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Hi! I just checked your map and want to give you an honest review on what I think about it.

First up, the theme. As stated above, you've used a very common theme. There are many maps which use this garden/plants theme. Some examples are "TheGarden", "Plants" and "SpringFlowers". Your map is also based around floating islands, which is another overused theme as there are 16 other parkours with the same concept, which is pretty sad since your map got alot of potential.

The build looks good, I can see you put a lot of time and effort into this map, however, the problem I see with your build is that it's very messy. This is due to the amount of floating islands you used, there are alot of islands which are just there for decoration and they are kinda useless even though they look good.

Lastly, the parkour. I'm not sure about the fact that the actual parkour is made of detailed islands and not just blocks, while it looks good, it makes the parkour kind of repetitive as it's just regular block jumps. You have some variety in jumps though, which is good. There are some headhitters and fence jumps. I would like to see some more variety though as those parts are kind of short and there are still alot of normal jumps. The length of the parkour is good for medium, and the difficulty feels fine too, except there is an impossible part (click on me)

So in conclusion I sadly do think it will get rejected, however, since it got a lot of potential you may be able to edit it and maybe get accepted in the future, who knows. But this is just my opinon, good luck! :D

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Hey Floralyn, sorry to tell you your map has been rejected.

The theme is not very good because there are a lot of "Nature" maps, as well as way too many floating island maps. The build is pretty good, the islands are attractive but a bit cramped and a lot of the islands don't have parkour on them, which makes it a bit messy. The parkour is the main problem though, even though you're parkouring on small platforms which I suppose is kind of original, it is still technically normal blocks, which means the parkour is not varied. Try to use a better variety of blocks (ice, panes, vines, etc).

Thanks for submitting, I'd love to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.