Rejected Floating Islands - Medium

how would you rate the overall map?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Here's a little map I made. I spent a lot of time and effort on it soo... I hope it gets made into a map. well, if you want to try it out, my username is Blueberry____ (4 underscores)

number of jumps: 55+
/plot h Blueberry____
Difficulty: Medium
Edit: I needed to turn off shaders because the image files were too big for the system.

Attachments

Last edited:

echograssi

MVP
echograssi
echograssi
MVP
Ratings
Disclaimer: I am not a map judge nor a staff member, my opinion has no say in whether or not your map gets accepted, I'm simply saying what I think about the map you've made.

I think the build of your map is overall pretty nice. It's simple, but cute. Maybe consider putting the things suggested for map submissions in your post, like the difficulty, name, number of jumps, and where to find it. It seems pretty short and simple, even if you're going for an easy map. Some more interesting jumps would be beneficial as well, since from the pictures it seems like it's pretty much only solid full block to solid full block jumps. Best of luck, though!

Ratings
Disclaimer: I am not a map judge nor a staff member, my opinion has no say in whether or not your map gets accepted, I'm simply saying what I think about the map you've made.

I think the build of your map is overall pretty nice. It's simple, but cute. Maybe consider putting the things suggested for map submissions in your post, like the difficulty, name, number of jumps, and where to find it. It seems pretty short and simple, even if you're going for an easy map. Some more interesting jumps would be beneficial as well, since from the pictures it seems like it's pretty much only solid full block to solid full block jumps. Best of luck, though!
ok, I will make some minor changes

Edit : I made everything a bit more detailed and added some more jump variations.

Last edited:

Swag

ELITE
n8z
n8z
ELITE
Ratings
8 3
One of the jumps is impossible. I will attach it. First of all, the theme isn't original, as it has been done a lot and a lot. Second of all, it doesn't have a main build. There is a lot of random around the place jumps that aren't connected to any sort of main build. Last of all, the jumps need to be a bit more varied, e.g enchantment tables, flower pots, vines, pistons, etc. 6.5/10.

Attachments

Ratings
One of the jumps is impossible. I will attach it. First of all, the theme isn't original, as it has been done a lot and a lot. Second of all, it doesn't have a main build. There is a lot of random around the place jumps that aren't connected to any sort of main build. Last of all, the jumps need to be a bit more varied, e.g enchantment tables, flower pots, vines, pistons, etc. 6.5/10.
Thank you for the feedback! I fixed the impossible jump, and added some ice jumps. Please do keep in mind that this is my first map, so nothing will be perfect. I will keep improving the map until it is rejected.
Edit: jk it won't get accepted because it's bad and unoriginal lol

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Blueberry____,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many floating islands/biome themed maps. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The parkour has some variety, however it is still quite repetitive in sections. In the future, try to mix up your jumps a bit more and experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items, as this will make your map more enjoyable to complete.
A lot of the jumps are floating - due to the theme being floating islands. Try to have your map as one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into that, rather than having many floating islands with parkour floating in between, as this can make your map look a bit messy.
The difficulty is good for an easy/medium map, and the length is good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.