Rejected Floating Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019-04-24_12.40.55.png
2019-04-24_12.41.10.png
2019-04-24_12.40.41.png

This an Expert map ( you may change it to Hard if you think it is easy) . It is called Floating Islands,we have built Islands and have made a parkour out of it. There are about 100 jumps and 5 Checkpoints.aheavydish is the owner and Candehh/SavageSnow is the co-owner.Thank you./Plot aheavydish 3

Attachments

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1
Negatives:
  • The jumps are not varied and there are many areas where the same jump is repeated 3+ times in a row
  • The build is not visually appealing
  • You use a single stained glass pane here. Single glass panes and iron bars are not allowed.
  • I was extremely confused on where to go here. I was not able to find the correct path.
  • The theme is unoriginal
  • Barriers are severely overused and placed in the way of jumps in multiple areas. Screenshots: http://prntscr.com/ngezx2 http://prntscr.com/ngf06y http://prntscr.com/ngf0cq
  • Almost all of the parkour is floating
I usually include suggestions on how to improve the map, but in this case I believe the theme is not original enough for the map to be accepted in any state. So, here are some suggestions for any maps you make in the future:
  • Pick a better theme that people can connect with more. Preferably not floating islands or any of the other overused themes listed in the parkour list document. For themes you could recreate areas or characters from other games you like, create interesting architecture and recreations of real life buildings, or just pick a random object... like shaving cream, for example.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
Good luck with any courses you submit in the future!

Sketchinqq

Dedicated Member
MVP
Sketchinqq
Sketchinqq
MVP
Ratings
66 3
I haven't tried it, but I know this theme is heavily used so I'll have to give it a -1
good luck tho!

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey there! Unfortunately, I have to give this map a -1. The theme is not very original and the build isn't that attractive. Its a bit repetitive and confusing. Goodluck either way!

Danyuul

ELITE
Danyuul
Danyuul
ELITE
Ratings
I'll be giving this a -1. The idea is pretty unoriginal although I do see what you were trying to go for. As Dubinzi stated, there seem to be a few of the same jumps right after one another. I have seen other maps like these, maybe try to make it a bit more original and make the parkour a bit more varied. Hope it gets accepted
<3

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi aheavydish and SavageSnow,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not good, because it has already been used a lot before, please try picking a better theme next time ! The build is not really good, it's pretty messy and unattractive, please try building your parkour on/in a main build, and not around like you did. The parkour is also not really good, it's a bit varied, but still feel repetitive, because like Dubinzi, there is some parts with the same jumps in a row (Mostly head hitters), be careful next time !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.